Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Best succession of double entendres ever

I concur.

Tank of gas and box of 33 gallon garbage bags.

Add duct tape and a bottle of Chloroform, and you've got yourself a Reksy travel kit. :D

Edited by swt61

Changed my mind a few times on the bandsaw, kept wanting lower and lower speeds, as well as the ability to do wood. So, the final choice (just ordered) can do 39, 57, 78, 107, 142, 196, 278, 3300 speeds. I had to give up some of the cooler features (chip blower, etc.) that some of the other saws offered, but in the end I think I'll be pleased with the flexibility in blade speed.

Changed my mind a few times on the bandsaw, kept wanting lower and lower speeds, as well as the ability to do wood. So, the final choice (just ordered) can do 39, 57, 78, 107, 142, 196, 278, 3300 speeds. I had to give up some of the cooler features (chip blower, etc.) that some of the other saws offered, but in the end I think I'll be pleased with the flexibility in blade speed.

Well, are you trying to build suspense, or do we get to know what fucking saw it is you chose? :D

ooh oops:

JET Tools -

It's a Jet, but it's part of their metalworking line, not the woodworking. However, like I said, it can run the blade fast enough to accomodate wood (this faster for wood and slower for metal is some strange paradox that I have to admit I don't really understand, but hey...) I'm sad because one I looked at the Powermatic line, I could have gotten cooler features for the same price. :(

ooh oops:

JET Tools -

It's a Jet, but it's part of their metalworking line, not the woodworking. However, like I said, it can run the blade fast enough to accomodate wood (this faster for wood and slower for metal is some strange paradox that I have to admit I don't really understand, but hey...) I'm sad because one I looked at the Powermatic line, I could have gotten cooler features for the same price. :(

Nice saw!

Which Powermatic do you think would have offered more for the same price? I'm going to try and go look at an older Jet this week, it's one town over and I think is part of their metalworking line as well.

I'm in somewhat the same boat Marc, in that I want the bandsaw to be able to handle both wood and metal. But what I keep reading about the metal side of things is that you really need to pay attention to clamping when cutting metal and vertical bandsaws don't do that particularly well.