Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Dell Mini 10v running OSX 10.6.3

Didn't keep the Mac Mini long enough to really get a feel for OSX... Considering the high cost of entry for a MacBook / MacBook Pro, I wanted a chance to play around with it a bit and get to know it before plunking down the coin required for a real Mac. I've had a chance to explore a bit and my world is officially rocked. And I'm quite impressed at how snappy the netbook is running it. Despite the success of the iPad, I'm shocked that Apple couldn't find a way to justify a 10" MacBook Mini or something. The form factor is fantastic, fits in my carry on and to be honest, I prefer the size of it at home for typical web browsing as well. The 15" Lenovo feels way too big after a little time is spent with this thing.

Pretty sure the girlfriend and I will be saving for a real Mac later in the summer... Probably a 13" MacBook Pro, which seems to have the best balance of portability, performance and screen real estate.

Ooh, purty. I know what that is. How's the push-pull zoom feel? My copy has a not insignificant case of "gravity zoom," which is in truth an annoyance, but not a hindrance to taking pictures.

The push-pull zoom is rather loose, but I gave up looking for one that isn't loose after number of sellers told me their copy was loose. I may try the electrical tape trick to make it bit tighter. I found one that was/is supposedly not loose - claimed as near NOS - but wasn't willing to pay the asking price. There are also some dusts in there, but I guess that's to be expected. Predictably, I haven't been able to use it yet since the adapter I bought has yet to arrive.