Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

Got it at my local woodcraft. It was in a stack of lumber as plain Koa. I pulled it out and lo and behold... curly from head to foot! the whole board was over 8 feet long. I had them cut it in half for transportation. No pics of it yet. Not a bad price either, $215 for me :)

Oh, dry as a bone too. It's been air dryed over a long period.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3070[/ATTACH]

This is teh sexy :)

I know what you mean though. Awesome wood and finding well seasoned, large pieces is very difficult and very expensive. If you'd like the other half I can see about shipping it your way. They wouldn't sell a piece of it so I had no choice but to buy the whole board.

post-599-12951157306266_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3070[/ATTACH]

This is teh sexy :)

I know what you mean though. Awesome wood and finding well seasoned, large pieces is very difficult and very expensive. If you'd like the other half I can see about shipping it your way. They wouldn't sell a piece of it so I had no choice but to buy the whole board.

Thanks for the offer but I wouldn't be able to put it to good use for some time. Now if you might be building some Thunderpants with it....;)

I have no news to be evasive about. If or when I'm sure you'll hear :)

The main reason I wanted the koa was for a set of my own, I've been trying to find a good piece of dry koa for ages. However, 8 feet x 10" x 1" was a bit more than I bargained for. If you're interested in a piece, Steve, I'll be happy to send you some. You too Naaman.