Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

6tmh5d.jpg

v2uya0.jpg

i6efpy.jpg

:dance: w00t! Of course I had to pay $OUT_THE_ASS shipping form the UK, but that was mighty fast after the last one slipped through my fingers. Of course, the damn thing will doubtlessly arrive while I am away (UK shipping is as slow as it is expensive*) but I will have it to look forward to when I return.

*said in the same intonation Darth Vader uses to describe Admiral Ozzel.

I'm sure that we've got a "Sunpak flash slave unit" laying in a box somewhere. No idea what the relation it might be to that, but if it's still floating somewhere and you want it, you can have it. I recognise the coiled cable and connector.

I never knew they even made IR flashes, that's pretty sweet.

This is the only commercially made model I know of. There is at least one company that will modify a modern speedlite for IR usage, but that is really expensive ($400_ flash & cost of the mods) and the output power is greatly reduced. The Sunpak Nocto is based on a "hammerhead" flash meant for large format film cameras, so it's output is much more powerful.

I'm sure that we've got a "Sunpak flash slave unit" laying in a box somewhere. No idea what the relation it might be to that, but if it's still floating somewhere and you want it, you can have it. I recognise the coiled cable and connector.

Probably a "normal" (visible light) hammerhead. It would definitely be of use as a fill flash. I am just now beginning to experiment as a strobist as I study product photography. I'll shoot you a PM when I'm not DJing*

*I use the same machine for editing photos, DJing and wasting time on the intertubes. This is what "future shock" feels like.

I was in Riverside, CA today visiting my convalescing sister. I became bored at one point and looked for a place that sold craft beer there. I was rewarded to find La Bodega. As a result I bought:

2 bottles Russian River Brewing Co. Consecration

1 bottle Russian River Brewing Co. Supplication

4 bottles Dogfish Head Burton Barton

1 bottle Stone Brewing Co. Ruination IPA

I have a fun time ahead of me. :P