Post the last thing you bought!

JBLoudG20

I win for the most real time post. As of now, because I just got off the phone with my wife after she informed me what a nice guy I am for buying her something; I just bought my wife a bracelet. I am cool with this because I just bought a new amp and I was feeling kind of selfish and guilty.

Denon DL-103 MC Cartridge

Wow, I can see why this cart is so highly recommended. Its musical as hell, makes me feel all fluttery in my chest.

Yay for super old designs still kicking ass and sounding amazing! :prettyprincess:

I had one of those on one deck or another and didn't like it too much. My recollection is that it was a bit bright for my tastes. I know there are a lot of people that love that cart.

I think I am f'd on the Teres. The guy hasn't returned my emails since Wed. It's still not marked sold. His feedback as 2 negatives and a neutral that were similar issues. I know someone trying to buy his Sutherland phono stage and hasn't received an email back. I'm assuming I am screwed, well not really as I enjoy the deck I have but the Teres was one I could really build on.

Picked up a Dynavector P-75 to compare to the Audio Horizons phono I have for a 30 day home audition.

A nice pair of Manley Snappers for sale. Anyone want to buy all my gear so I can get them.

Ouch. That's a beautiful turntable. Doesn't John live near the guy?

Look who decides to join us. Are you kidding. He made me feel so guilty about possibly buying it that I told him he could have it. If he gets with in a half mile of that table, I will never see it. As it is I thinks it's history.

To think, I was hoping to make you a great deal on my current deck. >:D Just kidding

Look who decides to join us. Are you kidding. He made me feel so guilty about possibly buying it that I told him he could have it. If he gets with in a half mile of that table, I will never see it. As it is I thinks it's history.

To think, I was hoping to make you a great deal on my current deck. >:D Just kidding

I hope you mean you can't buy it, and not he took your money.

I had one of those on one deck or another and didn't like it too much. My recollection is that it was a bit bright for my tastes. I know there are a lot of people that love that cart.

I think its a good match with the 1200's tonearm, since it dulls the treble a bit. At this point, the midrange, while great, isn't as sweet as the Sonata, but the bass is certainly better, which is where I think I'm getting my "musicality" from. The soundstage is also bigger in all directions.

Please do keep us posted on your findings with the P-75, especially in the Phono Enhancer mode with LO carts.

I think its a good match with the 1200's tonearm, since it dulls the treble a bit. At this point, the midrange, while great, isn't as sweet as the Sonata, but the bass is certainly better, which is where I think I'm getting my "musicality" from. The soundstage is also bigger in all directions.

Please do keep us posted on your findings with the P-75, especially in the Phono Enhancer mode with LO carts.

It might have been the other gear I had at the time that led to my conclusion about the Denon cart.

It's nice little phono considering it was under $400. At the moment I have a mm cart.

Look who decides to join us.

I got crazy busy the past week with work and family, and had no time to play online.

Last purchase: shoes that actually have toes and a closed heel (little prisons for feet) for the MOA trip next week. :dance: Tomorrow, I'm out looking for a coat.

Mike, I say we take a roadtrip to this guy's house when we're out there and grab you a Teres. You should not be wanting.

I think I am f'd on the Teres. The guy hasn't returned my emails since Wed. It's still not marked sold. His feedback as 2 negatives and a neutral that were similar issues. I know someone trying to buy his Sutherland phono stage and hasn't received an email back. I'm assuming I am screwed, well not really as I enjoy the deck I have but the Teres was one I could really build on.

I thought Teres was DIY >:D Build one....

Damn, where's the duck and run like hell emoticon?

Hope ya get it at any rate :prettyprincess:

Mike, I say we take a roadtrip to this guy's house when we're out there and grab you a Teres. You should not be wanting.

I think we have the muscle for it. We can grab the Teres then hit Santa Rosa for the Manley Snappers. Although Grandenigma's BAT is looking pretty tempting at the moment. ;D

DIY for you guys. I had enough trouble getting the jumpers right on the Dynavector P-75 so I could get sound out of both speakers. :)

Oh, I also went a little crazy at the eye doctor today bought four pairs of glasses because I couldn't decide on one. Knowing me, I'll probably wear none, but I'm liking the funky reading glasses I picked out. They've got the whole librarian thing going on. I'm gonna get me one of those beaded necklace-type things to hold them so I won't lose them like my last ten pairs.

I think we have the muscle for it. We can grab the Teres then hit Santa Rosa for the Manley Snappers. Although Grandenigma's BAT is looking pretty tempting at the moment. ;D

Sounds like a plan. Isn't Al renting a van? I can see it now. You, me, Matt, Gene, Stephen, Aaron, Al, Wayne and Ken arrive at the guys front door. Three lawyers alone should scare him into handing it over. The others will threaten to mess with his computers and amps. I'll drive.

Oh, I also went a little crazy at the eye doctor today bought four pairs of glasses because I couldn't decide on one. Knowing me, I'll probably wear none, but I'm liking the funky reading glasses I picked out. They've got the whole librarian thing going on. I'm gonna get me one of those beaded necklace-type things to hold them so I won't lose them like my last ten pairs.

Sounds like a plan. Isn't Al renting a van? I can see it now. You, me, Matt, Gene, Stephen, Aaron, Al, Wayne and Ken arrive at the guys front door. Three lawyers alone should scare him into handing it over. The others will threaten to mess with his computers and amps. I'll drive.

Just one look at my crazed nerdiness ought to be enough. >:D