Post what you're watching

deepak

Season 1 of Weeds bordered on realistic... Woman's husband dies, she deals to stay afloat, gets into trouble with local dealers, the moral dilemmas of dealing while wanting to remain a responsible mother. It has since spiraled out of control into a show with few likable characters, no roots in reality and fewer and fewer laughs. Not sure I'm going to bother checking out the new season since it was a fight to get through last season.

Season 1 of Weeds bordered on realistic... Woman's husband dies, she deals to stay afloat, gets into trouble with local dealers, the moral dilemmas of dealing while wanting to remain a responsible mother. It has since spiraled out of control into a show with few likable characters, no roots in reality and fewer and fewer laughs. Not sure I'm going to bother checking out the new season since it was a fight to get through last season.

I really can't remember how I reacted to last season, but I completely agree. This is beyond the realm of believable. I still really enjoy Kevin Nealon, however I'm highly biased by his previous work.

I've just been checking it out because it's something to keep me occupied during lunch on Tuesday. It's damn lonely working from home when no one is around.

Woman's husband dies, she deals to stay afloat, gets into trouble with local dealers, the moral dilemmas of dealing while wanting to remain a responsible mother.
Why does this sound like a British movie I've seen? Is the show based on the movie? Loosely? (Like "Big Fat Greek Marriage" was loosely based on "Big Fat Greek Wedding".) I don't remember the husband dying in the movie, but the rest sounds...similar. Or is it just such a good premise that they reused it for the show?

Trying to remember the name of the movie. Woman was a botanist. Inadvertantly helps some guys grow the plants well, out of sheer "this is what I do"-ness. Anyone? EDIT: Looks like it might be Saving Grace.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

Totally agree also, and the first two this season reinforce the conclusion, if anything.