Post what you're watching

deepak

i'm watching the second ep of Sherlock, right now. i just don't know. he's no Basil Rathbone.

Bet his fee is less than Rathbone's (corrected for the odd 60 years) by the odd couple of orders of magnitude.

Daughter is just starting a year at at East15 acting school in "MA Acting for TV, Film and Theatre" East 15 Acting School at the University of Essex, MA Acting for TV . 6000 applicants for 16 places, so were all seriously happy bunnies.

watched 3 Days of the Condor as it was recommended to me...

was pretty good...glad i watched it...i still prefer Sneakers of course:), but i'm betting the book this was based on is a good read...

latest episode of Bullshit! was alright...now i might catch up on some Breaking Bad & might throw on that Kick-Ass movie...

The Hunt For Red October.

I love submarine movies.

How about Das Boot? The German movie, not the series. Absolutely gripping - and long - the Director's cut is well over 3 hours. Watch it in German with subtitles (athough there is a version dubbed in English using the real actors to dub themselves).

I think he's talking about number of miniseries that were shown on TV (and later released on DVD) that included footage that were cut from the original theatrical release.

What I didn't realise, but now do, is that there are several cuts of the movie and *two* miniseries (a 3 x 100 minute one from a 1984 BBC screening, and a 6 x 50 minute version from 1988 - that is the one I recall seeing). I watched the 3h29m directors cut last year. Any and all are well worth watching.

Sherlock. Each episode gets better - but this first series is only three, so that'll be the last for a while.

Was also listening today to Benedict Cumberbatch on Radio 4 in a series damatisation of John Mortimer's Rumpole of the Bailey, with Timothy West playing the older Rumpole and Cumberbatch the younger. And very very good Cumberbatch is in the role.

one thing that Sherlock reiterates to me, though, is that nobody in British television production knows a damn thing about firearms. 1000 meters per second for that little Walther knockoff (looked a bit rough for a TPH) in the second episde?

That is because practically noone in Britain knows anything about firearms. Military, police, the shooting birds brigade, and a handful of crooks.