Selling on Audiogon

deepak

I've had mostly good experiences (both buying and selling) but I've had a few negative ones as well. For example when I bought a Melos on audiogon a few years ago it wasn't packed very well and arrived damaged. The seller disappeared and I had to pay for repairs myself. The 2nd bad one is actually more funny than bad. I sold a PrimaLuna Prologue 1 and the buyer complained about me rating it as a 8/10 because it had some dust on it. He actually wanted a partial refund because of it.

I haven't sold that many items, but I haven't had problems with any of my transactions as the seller. Compared to listing items on HF (I've listed items at the same time on both sites), I received far less low-ball offers from Audiogon, though I still did get fair amount of tire kickers.

The 2nd bad one is actually more funny than bad. I sold a PrimaLuna Prologue 1 and the buyer complained about me rating it as a 8/10 because it had some dust on it. He actually wanted a partial refund because of it.

:kitty:

130+ transactions, all but one went fine, seller never sent item. I'd always recommend that you disclose up front any issues, cosmetic, functional, quirks, otherwise, it'll come back to haunt you. People seem to want prisitine collectible cosmetic items, when they are buying used, so I always under-rate the condition. Better to be conservative IMO.

If buying, ask questions, are you the original owner, does it come with the original box, are there any issues, quirks, has the item ever been repaired? if so, by whom.

Nothing that doesn't fall into common sense either in buying or selling.

IME, audiogon buyers and sellers are way nicer to deal with than eBayers.

IME, audiogon buyers and sellers are way nicer to deal with than eBayers.

X2. I pretty much stay away from eBay these days. Deals might look good, but they often go haywire.

As for Audiogon, I've had just handful of transactions, and only had to deal with one lowball sob. The rest were superb.

The only issue that I've had is that people don't leave feedback. I've purchased two things and sold another and none of the 3 has left feedback when it was done. To the best of my knowledge all of the transactions went off without issue so I must have bad luck with that.

I've had a couple people not leave feedback which sucks when you're starting out.

i came upon a couple threads recently in other forums regarding audiogon's questionable feedback policy. it was stated that leaving negative feedback is an extremely frustrating process and that the admins there deliberately attempt to thwart the posting of negative feedback.

all this, so that audiogon can keep the wheels greased and the money flowing through the forum, and of course, more revenue coming in.