Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

The official Amazon app is up. Like I need to be able to spend even more money there on the go. :palm:

The take-a-photo-of-anything-and-we'll-figure-out-what-it-is-and-send-you-the-link-to-it-in-our-store feature is quite cool.

That is evil, but if you can read the reviews sort of handy - I was already using the iPhone to check things like that in stores. Well, when I was in a store, which ain't all that often.

I dunno if H-C has already covered it, but last month Wadia announced the 170iTransport. This is the first high falutin' iPod dock that has remotely interested me. $380 isn't cheap, but it's chump change compared the Krell's unfortunately-named Baby-Dock/Papa-Dock set. :rolleyes: Backwards compatibility with older 'Pods isn't great, but S-Video/component video out, and S/PDIF coax out is saweet.

rjqzw0.jpg

Random question that I admittedly have not yet researched but my stepfather-in-law has wanted Japanese language flash cards on his iPod for years and has never succeeded. I wondered if the Touch could provide some hope either through apps or just through the larger screen and flexibility with graphics. Anybody know anything useful on this topic? Considering getting him a refurbed Touch if this were something we could accomplish. TIA

Random question that I admittedly have not yet researched but my stepfather-in-law has wanted Japanese language flash cards on his iPod for years and has never succeeded. I wondered if the Touch could provide some hope either through apps or just through the larger screen and flexibility with graphics. Anybody know anything useful on this topic? Considering getting him a refurbed Touch if this were something we could accomplish. TIA

Check out appshopper for a searchable listing of all iPod Touch and iPhone apps:

Search results

There are a few apps out there for Japanese language learning.

On a similar topic, can a Touch or iPhone display Japanese on Safari? I'm strongly considering getting a Touch soon.

• 3 weeks later...