Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I personally like the sound. It drives the er-4s well enough unamped with plenty of volume to spare- (I rarely passes the halfway mark with my music)

The sound is fantastic. It reminds me a the 1g shuffle, but more controlled. Soundstage feels expanded too. When used with an amp through the dock out the soundscape is perfect. I guess if they reach 80gb on these things I would gladly move on from "classic-y" ipods and big ass amps.

Oh wait I already did :P

Time to save up for an esw9 :palm:

So the iTunes music store will soon be all DRM-free and 256kbps AAC. In return, the labels got 69c, 99c and $1.29 tiered pricing. Free (I think) upgrades of all lower-bit-rate prior purchases.

My library has been all lossless for all of two days, but I think some of the purged stuff is shortly going to be restored from backup.

EDIT: OK, it's not free so fuck it.

30 cent for the upgrade song and 60 cent for upgrade video. the differences in price (69/99/129) will go for older catalog, new hits, and anything in between.

everything is still loaded using AAC, but with one click u can change to mp3 using itunes for free. when u upgrade any song ur name and info is still in the info section of the song.

people are saying it works over edge for itunes store. large files like video podcasts still need wifi! if you can download the itunes plus files from ur iphone over 3g then the $1.29 a song is well worth it to me...your payng for convenience of having that song rite there and then. still if you can only download the 128/drm over iphone then upgrade for 30 cent extra later on your computer i guess thats ok.

i upgraded all my songs (only 111) and it came to $9 cause most are from complete albums, but the sound quality upgrade is pretty good over the stock 128's

i have "ain't no sunshine" from Bill Withers that i listen to a lot, the quality is a bit better...worth the extra 30 i guess. still i don't like downloading itunes compared to amazon but sometimes at that moment and rite there and then you must!

also...

i bought the kensington - LiquidAUX at bestbuy yesterday for my iPhone and iPod for use in my Z4. the sound quality is amazingly amazing over the Turbodock 2 and general i/c i have been using with my ipod for the BMW's aux input! the unit docks my iPhone/iPod perfect in the Z4..looks like it was made for my car. i had to take back two units before i got one that actually worked so be ready to return it when you buy it, still the remote dont work all the time..probably take it back next week sometime but its a gamble on getting one that works. the unit does not like to make connection with the 12v outlet so it pops in and out, again on the third try it does work.

still waiting for Germy to send me the iPhone lod's so i can use those with my car and iPhone, no rush but i would like to have them soon. the iPhone line out is fucking amazing compared to the ipod classic, like i said its great running threw the shitty quality LiquidAUX so i could just imagine what it would sound like from one of Germys lods..

I'm giving thought to selling my touch.I haven't used it in about a month, and daddy needs an exhaust for his (pending) new bike. I have my mac with me all day at school, and I'm probably going to pickup a shuffle for workouts. I don't know if I need my touch anymore.

What kind of price would you be looking at? I don't even know which model you have.

Jus' wunderin'

I am not sure how long its been here cause i dont usually use itunes app on the iphone but you can even download the drm free 256 songs and albums on the itunes iphone app now. and the best part is the prices i seen were 99 cent a song.

as far as comparing amazon to itunesplus on the iphone now seems to put itunes plus well ahead!

Welcome to yesterday. (In other words, not that long.)

i downloaded a Green Velvet track on itunes which turns out to be drm free 256 last week so i was not sure how long the drm free 256 was available on the iphone app as no Announcement made at Mac world 09 mentioned anything about it...

I thought it was newer than that (I.E. I thought the ability for the iPhone to download through iTunes via 3G was announced as of Macworld). Did you use 3G or did you use something else (I.E. wi-fi)?

Also, how's to know whether the track in question wasn't already 256/DRM-free? There were already some...

I used 3G as it was announced but what was not said was can you download the drm128 or the DRMfree256 on the iPhone over the 3G network. I seen the "+" in the price box on the iPhone app, again i am not sure if you had that before the Macworld announcement or not..

Some people are saying it works on Edge network also, either way that's a big step in the music world cause now you can have a decent quality (256 is not bad), DRM Free song anywhere you want and at any second you want for the typical 99 cent price you get from computer downloads all while shopping at The worlds largest music store! The Gphone has AmazonMP3 but the selection and size is nothing close to iTunes (at least for today). Of course this was going to come either way and my guess it was forwarded by the presence of the Gphone and amazonmp3..

not sure if this will change my shopping habits from amazonmp3 just yet but why should i wait till i get home to buy a 256/drmfree song when i could pay the same price and have it rite this second from this very spot? i guess iTunes will be getting more of my money in the future...DAMMIT!

I'm officially out of the running for both an iPhone or an iPod Touch. My parents are retiring and to help them save money and stay on a lower level plan, I'm switching to Verizon. So goodbye iPhone. And it looks like I'm going to be going with a Samsung Omnia, which while not as elegant as either the iPhone or the Touch, should fit the bill for an all-in-one phone/music & movie player/PDA with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. So far, all of my research has backed up the idea that it's a well thought out piece of gear that works for those who can't/won't go with AT&T to get the iPhone and have no desire to deal with the buggy Blackberry Storm.

not sure if this will change my shopping habits from amazonmp3 just yet but why should i wait till i get home to buy a 256/drmfree song when i could pay the same price and have it rite this second from this very spot? i guess iTunes will be getting more of my money in the future...DAMMIT!

I guess it's a step forward, and 256kbps AAC actually sounds pretty good. But I'm confused by the whole "iTunes Plus" upgrade thing.

Why should I pay 30c to convert a 128kbps file that I (foolishly) paid 99c for to a 256kbps file that is now also available for 99c? I understand if you were moving up a pricing tier, but that's not the case. It just feels like a gouge.

Most people are happy with their 128k files. It's not unreasonable to charge people a small upcharge to replace all of them. When they release a new version of a cd they don't offer to let you replace your existing cd for free, or even the cost of the media. They offer to let you buy it all over again.

I guess it's a step forward, and 256kbps AAC actually sounds pretty good. But I'm confused by the whole "iTunes Plus" upgrade thing.

Why should I pay 30c to convert a 128kbps file that I (foolishly) paid 99c for to a 256kbps file that is now also available for 99c? I understand if you were moving up a pricing tier, but that's not the case. It just feels like a gouge.

i agree it does seem a bit odd but there are a few things i also thought about as far as the upgrade cost goes. first off very few people want the freedom AND higher bit rate to justify the extra 30 cent, but those who do (read audiophiles and people who spend big money on headphones) will pay the price. as far as to compare the upgrade to buying a song on amazonmp3 or another drmfree/256 site is apples and oranges cause you already put in 99 cent for the itunes song so your kind of locked in (unless you want to spend another 99 cent for a new download somewhere else). there are lots of songs not available anywhere else on the net so if you have one of these and want that higher quality then your going to pay. also down the road less and less people will even need to worry about upgrades cause all of itunes tracks are going completely 256/drmfree.

i would look at a few things to consider if you are in a place you can upgrade your songs..

first how much is the total upgrade cost for all your songs? you have to up them all at once and can not choose some to do and some not to do.

second how important is the higher quality and going drm free worth it to you for those songs? do you listen to them often in a high end headphone setup? if you do whats an extra 30 cent or 30% of album going to hurt considering you use the song in a setup that costs lots more then 30 cent? also do you like the idea of moving them around or do you have dap's that will not play any drm tracks?

for me the 111ish songs only cost a few bucks so why not? i mean i spent more money on cds i listened to once in my life more then a few times so what is the extra few dollars for a higher quality song i listen to often and now i can use it when i dj with the Numark IDJ2?

people with gigantic itunes song numbers might be hit in the hundreds of dollars for the upgrade and may never use the songs in any other player and use the stock ibuds, i am sure the answer would be different for them...

still its nice to see you can download drmfree/256 songs now at the normal $10 an album on your computer or iPhone, no more needing to upgrade.