What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oldest daughter and my two youngest grandchildren came up to the trailer this morning. The 2 year old is already an accomplished con artist. He asked to go for a walk and after a few minutes of stretching his legs decided he wanted to see the campground train. Put away as they only run it on weekends. He knows this. Of course he got me into the camp store to buy sweets. This was the entire purpose of the walk. Pretty sneaky for a little guy.

The campground owner's mother has a trailer two sites down from mine. She died in the trailer this morning.:o When I left the ambulance had already come and gone, presumably taking her to a funeral home. But the County Sheriff was still there. The owner, his adult children and grand children all work at the campground. Lots of group hugs and crying.

Dropped my pickup off for detailing and finally met my wife's guitar tutor after 3 years of lessons. Will eat dinner and go look at a golf cart tonight to take up to the trailer. Continuing my non roughing legacy :)

Well, if you look closely, you'll see the joint doesn't exactly fit in the socket, and there's a bit of bone on bone.

Vicki, haven't been keeping up here but saw your post on facebook and immediately thought of this:

http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-c-k-/videos/louis-c-k----ankle-reconstruction

But srsly, that blows.

Finally off-shelved a project - a Gilmore class A dynamic headphone amp. Did 90% of the work four years ago and then - ooh shiney. Even did board layout and procurement, and all the parts procurement (good job since getting the complementary dual FETs now is next to impossible). So building cost was next to nothing - just getting value from money spent four years back.

Outboard dual power supply with two transformers. In the amp box a Borbely current regulator and four amps - currently wired as two stereo feeds from RCA in to two Neutrix headphone jacks. Expect to upgrade to go single ended in to bridged out (need two more partly-stuffed amp boards for that - no FET's needed) and full balanced in to bridged out switchable, switchable gains and DACT to replace ALPS blue beauty.

But already sounds astonishingly good after warm up. Quickly came to conclusion that I prefer DT990 to K701 in most departments.

Now on to the final build stages of KG's SRM-T2 - just need a few trivial parts on back order, and casework from Kevin.

It gets even better... since the tank was nearly empty anyways, there was no immediately obvious problem after pulling over and checking the car for signs of damage. It wasn't until later at a gas station that a huge puddle of gas formed under the car and it became obvious.

Vicki, haven't been keeping up here but saw your post on facebook and immediately thought of this:

http://comedians.jokes.com/louis-c-k-/videos/louis-c-k----ankle-reconstruction

But srsly, that blows.

That was really funny, and with a slight change in specifics, pretty much my experience.

Vicki - that looks exceptionally uncomfortable. I really winced at the bone-on-bone bit. Good luck with the options - but that they can now resurface the ankle joint sounds like a very positive development.

I'd not heard of this and it was not mentioned to me. I just looked it up and it looks far more appealing than the options I was told so far. I have an appointment with one of the two supposedly best ankle docs in Florida on Monday. I'll ask him about it. Thanks!

Hit some sort of debris on I-285 in the work car, which ended up puncturing the gas tank. Fun.

:(

Sucks Fitz, I hope there will be an easy inexpensive fix somehow.

I went to Wilmington to help my brother find apartments and register for classes, ate at front street brewery, came back with a lot more craft beer of all kinds. I have quite a great selection of alcohol at this point.

Spent a few hours after work cleaning up for tomorrows company and faux Tyrion BBQ attempt. Reconnected with an old friend-

img0644a.jpg

Her body is quite large, 13mm and if you include the legs she was 44mm across. Her body is the size of a blueberry to get perpective. Black widows are scary and we have a lot of them running around the outside of the house.