What did you do today?

riceboy

Most people should be OK 5.4 on the Richter may seem big, or maybe not if you have never experienced one, but the epicenter was far enough away and deep enough under the plate to shake everyone up just enough without doing any real damage. So far there are no reports of significant injuries or anything and all my crappy wall plaques are still on the walls.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Built the final set of immoderator cables, installed a M6x1.0 locknut in an amp to tame a wandering trafo and now I'm chilling with the Menace.

Thank you!

Woke up, went work, came home, left for Mount Trashmore (aka Vista View Park) with my wife and did 3.5 miles, came back home, dinner (Chipotle Buritto Bowl), enjoying some time with my hhf-1's before I fall asleep. It was hot and humid on the trash heap.

Got up at 6:30 am, checked turtle traps at Lake Charleston with my graduate student and undergraduate intern from 8:30 - 11:30, went back to the lab and stowed away samples. Ate lunch, answered insipid emails for a few hours while listening to Mudcrutch, went home and picked out CD's for the DC meet :D. Played power rangers, ate dinner, played some more power rangers, did some Super Why computer games, chilled while my son had his bath. Now have to head back upstairs for movietime.

Yesterady, went to work, overslept on the bus and ended up having to take another bus back to work. =[ Did some work, browsed the web, did some more work, went home. Ate dinner, played some DotA, took a jog, took a shower, watched Firefly.

so far i have been arguing with a part of the federal government to keep my student loans for the coming year (i don't have a full tuition package from UC, so i cover the remainder with loans). apparently, due to the credit crunch, they have changed the rules on who gets to keep their loans and who doesn't for the coming year. since disbursement is coming up fairly soon, it's something i needed to fix. apparently, what happened is that some fraudulent charges that had been applied to a credit card of mine (which was supposedly excised from my credit report) put me in a "danger" category, as far as they were concerned. it's all fixed now, but it caused me to miss nearly three hours of work, and it was very frustrating.

----dealing with the Federal Government and a credit card company back office, other than having a Drano enema, I can't think of a worse way to start your day.

The rest of the day has to be better. :)