What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what, precisely, is a "tuition class?"

Tuition = The act, process, or art of imparting knowledge and skill: education, instruction, pedagogics, pedagogy, schooling, teaching, training, tutelage, tutoring. See teach/learn.

Tuition means instruction, teaching or a fee charged for educational instruction especially at a formal institution of learning or by a private tutor usually in the form of one-to-one tuition.

tuition

noun

1. a sum of money paid for instruction (such as in a high school, university, or college)

2. the training or instruction provided by a teacher or tutor

Translations:

* Dutch: bijscholing , bijles

* German: Tutorium , Unterricht

tu

Edited by grawk

I've managed to remove a fish spine from the larynx of a woman, which had been there burried under the mucosa for nine months :eek: I'll probably write a case report of this for an ENT magazine. Other than mild pain at swallowing, she hadn't any serious infection or severe pain. Really astonishing. The spine was more than 1 inch long (about 3cms) and at its thicker extreme was about 3mm wide.

Have been watching the Federer-Tursunov olympics tennis match.

Got back from a 2 day vacation with gf yesterday and it was a really wonderfu tripl. We took some pics (me and gf), these are in Western Mass (Knuckledragger's stomping ground) let me know what you think, still learning the technical aspects of digital photography.

Flickr: keenangarreth's Photostream

Edited by n_maher
FIXED LINK

Got back from a 2 day vacation with gf yesterday and it was a really wonderfu tripl. We took some pics (me and gf), these are in Western Mass (Knuckledragger's stomping ground) let me know what you think, still learning the technical aspects of digital photography.

Flickr: keenangarreth's Photostream

Very nice. I have just one question. How long have you had a farm animal fetish?

Went to work, then helped with a tour of the school for 30 or so folks in the related fields from Japan. The tour went well and the folks from Japan were very friendly, attentive, and asked a lot of really good questions.

Also, this was the first time my "Additional skills: Native Japanese speaker" section of my resume was utilized by an employer.

It sounds more like you should have left off tuition, unless you sent your brother to pay the tuition. Tuition is what you pay so that you can attend the class.

that was my thought. i'm not sure why we were subjected to that contextually challenged flood.

Ok, ok, since it was a "contextually challenged flood" and you guys only saw what you wanted to see, I'll remove the other bits so as to make the other meaning of "tuition" more obvious... :palm:

Here you go:

Tuition = The act, process, or art of imparting knowledge and skil

tuition

2. the training or instruction provided by a teacher or tutor

tu