What did you do today?

riceboy

Damn, Vicki, that sucks. Do some research, though, because a replacement would seem better than just letting it get worse. Of course, I should have done something about my right wrist for years and have not done it. I had a bone graft 20 years ago and it still ain't right. Was just talking about this yesterday, so maybe I will follow my own advice and start looking into options.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't discount the replacement Vicki. My 90 year old mother had a knee replacement this year and was only down for about 6 weeks. She is walking 100% better now. I know an ankle is a much more difficult proposition than a knee, but it's at least worth researching. And I think who the surgeon is makes a big difference. Mom's is pretty well known in this area and does excellent work. Do your homework and you may find it a viable solution.

Regardless, take care.

i spent the first four hours of my work in a cold, lightless dungeon in the basement of my building. that was fun.

Hey, that's a hell of a night out to some of my friends! :D

Hang in there Vicki. That does sound quite sucky though!

Edited by swt61

i spent the first four hours of my work in a cold, lightless dungeon in the basement of my building. that was fun.

Better than spending most of your day in a hot, nasty attic, or with your head in the ceiling making trying to make a fishtape follow a very long and creative path.

Speaking of mathatrophy, I last took a math course in my second year of high school. I dropped out of calculus because it was after lunch when I was feeding my head a lot at the time. I got through college with a couple of weak science classes and no math whatsoever. Law school only involved calculating pay checks and settlements, so arithmetic was good enough for that. My kids simply don't bother asking my help on anything math related. :palm:

Activated the Head-Case Fantasy Football League for our second season.

Anyone looking to join the group and have a little fun this season let me know and I will sign you up.

We already have the top four teams from 2009, and Dinny :P, signed up to play this year.

Congrats Nate and nice work on the shelves.

Vicky: Crap about your ankle. My "living with pain" involves my neck, which can be very unpleasant at times. I recommend finding a good Chinese doctor, emphasis on "good". They can help, somewhat.

I'm at home instead of at work. I tried driving to work, but about 180mm/7in of rain has dropped since last night and after an hour of sitting only a short distance from my apartment, I called work and told them it's not going to happen. They told me they didn't mind if I was late, but I told them I wouldn't even make it by lunch time, when my classes finish, things were so bad. Like last year, the river across the road is close to bursting its banks and now the TV has a continuous scroller stating that they are starting evacuations in various places and that the trains have stopped. Love the Asian monsoon, not. Got a video this time of the river as I went across the bridge. The road on the other side was the one that partially fell into the river last year: MobileMe Gallery The water is over 15ft higher than when it's not raining, to give you an idea.

start. years of not doing math has degraded my ability to do math. go figure.

My wife did a math(s) degree at University with an excellent result. Left me standing - and I did every math(s) and theory option in my electronics degree. She then went into being an accountant, and now can remember absolutely no math(s) at all. There is probably a joke about that, but since she out-earns me by a significant amount I can't quite remember it ;D