What did you do today?

riceboy

It really could be worse, your son could wrestle and then you might have to sit in a warm sweaty gym for 4 or more hours for a tournament.

I didn't realise that wrestling was such a big thing in the US until I started reading the novels by John Irving. Most of his books have large bits of disguised autobiography in them - being set in New Hampshire, often with an estranged parent somewhere, and with quite a bit about wrestling (Irving used to wrestle). His latest, Last Night in Twisted River, actually has one of the characters as an author who writes novels with disguised autobiography in them - a book by Irving, with an Irving-like novelist as a character. I just love Irving's books.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everone! She's actually still at acting school doing "Acting for Radio, Film and Television" - so she should get the opportunity to do much more than radio, although her real passion is for stage acting. My wife and I are a bit bewildered where precisely she gets her looks from.

What did your milkman look like? ;)

Wait, they actually made you participate in some kind of sports in PE class? I sure don't remember doing any of that, and definitely not wrestling.

Wat, they didn't make you participate in sports? What we did was spend a few weeks on some sport or two and then move on to some other sport for a few weeks. I specifically remember table tennis, indoor mini golf, archery, wrestling, dodgeball, soccer, and never bothering learning football.

Wat, they didn't make you participate in sports? What we did was spend a few weeks on some sport or two and then move on to some other sport for a few weeks. I specifically remember table tennis, indoor mini golf, archery, wrestling, dodgeball, soccer, and never bothering learning football.

They usually made us do some kind of exercise-related activities, but not really any sports. Though I do remember doing some archery, which didn't go well for me as they made us use equipment based on our handedness and not eye-dominance (I have cross-dominance between my eyes and hands).

Flew back home after a very long, tiring, and stressful week. I am really glad I was able to be there for my mom but I hope this sort of thing doesn't happen very often. In fact, when I saw my husband at the airport, I was so happy/relieved, I starting crying. The good news is that I seemed to have lost about 5 pounds over the last week.

They usually made us do some kind of exercise-related activities, but not really any sports. Though I do remember doing some archery, which didn't go well for me as they made us use equipment based on our handedness and not eye-dominance (I have cross-dominance between my eyes and hands).

archery? thats pretty badass man.

we did basketball, soccer, football, baseball etc

archery? thats pretty badass man.

we did basketball, soccer, football, baseball etc

At our school in the NE of England in the late '60s the general rule was that is you were duff at football (soccer), you were by definition duff at any sport. I disliked the sport then, and dislike it still. My asshole PE teacher found no inconsistency in my being a member of the school swimming team (which he did not run) and his soccer prejudice. Took me until my early 20's to throw off the sports duffer mindset he ingrained into me, and take up running, at which I have enjoyed for the last 32 years.

Chatted with my Grandma from the Philippines just a few minutes again. While I'm always glad when I'm talking to her, I couldn't help but feel a little homesick. Kinda in a gloomy mood right now.....

On a lighter note, I think I subconsciously cope with my homesickness by macking on women who have Filipino qualities in one way, shape or form. You know - dark hair, petite, fair to tannish skin and of course, georgeous :)

Chatted with my Grandma from the Philippines just a few minutes again. While I'm always glad when I'm talking to her, I couldn't help but feel a little homesick. Kinda in a gloomy mood right now.....

On a lighter note, I think I subconsciously cope with my homesickness by macking on women who have Filipino qualities in one way, shape or form. You know - dark hair, petite, fair to tannish skin and of course, georgeous have lots of shoes. :)

;)

Flew back from St. Louis. We were running 15 minutes early, but of course that's actually a bad thing when getting into LGA because they punish early arrivals by making them take the long-ass approach. Jack almost puked as a result. Fortunately, he didn't quite get green, and we made it without incident. Movie/pizza night tonight. The missus and I will be drinking Manhattans in honor of, well, Manhattan.

I bought two 9 volt batteries at a grocery store here in Tampa today and then proceeded to tell the cute little cashier girl that I needed one of the batteries for my nose so that it would light up like Rudolph's nose! I told her that when my nose turns red it puts me in the Christmas spirit.

Then I went back to my motorhome, put on my new Rudolph mascot costume, and returned to the grocery store an hour later to see if I could impress her. Only problem was that the trigger switch for the nose light fell off of the long wire that you have to fish down from the mascot head to your hand. This happened after I had driven to the grocery store and was putting my mascot head back on in the parking lot.

One of the guys at the pizza place next door was taking a cigarette break, so I asked him for help. He found a pair of needle nose pliers in his truck and was able to rig my trigger switch back up. But then after he drove off to make another delivery, the switch fell off the wires again, so I had to walk into the grocery store without the ability to make my nose turn red.

She still seems impressed though, so that part was good.

I bought two 9 volt batteries at a grocery store here in Tampa today and then proceeded to tell the cute little cashier girl that I needed one of the batteries for my nose so that it would light up like Rudolph's nose! I told her that when my nose turns red it puts me in the Christmas spirit.

Then I went back to my motorhome, put on my new Rudolph mascot costume, and returned to the grocery store an hour later to see if I could impress her. Only problem was that the trigger switch for the nose light fell off of the long wire that you have to fish down from the mascot head to your hand. This happened after I had driven to the grocery store and was putting my mascot head back on in the parking lot.

One of the guys at the pizza place next door was taking a cigarette break, so I asked him for help. He found a pair of needle nose pliers in his truck and was able to rig my trigger switch back up. But then after he drove off to make another delivery, the switch fell off the wires again, so I had to walk into the grocery store without the ability to make my nose turn red.

She still seems impressed though, so that part was good.

Pics, please. Both of you as Rudolph, and of the cute cashier. ;)