What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had just woken up from a strange dream in which I was posting on a message board dedicated to people who made survival shelters out of Tequila trees (they were a sort of pine tree whose needles could be soaked in water to make a passable tequila). I got up, staggered up I should say, and shabled off zombie-fashion to wash up. But then I heard the sound of a growling chihuahua coming from the window.

I stumbled closer and what I saw was a little cardboard box on the windowpane. It was covered with a lid, it was shaking as if something was dashing around inside, and it was growling.

Then, the lid popped off, and out peeked a little mouse, white with gray spots, and fuzzy. "Grrrr!" It said in a demented chihuahua voice. "I'll kick your ass! Grrrrr!"

It poised itself as if to jump at me out of the box, but then toppled over the side and fell on the floor. Picking itself up, it ran growling straight for my legs and started nibbling at my toes. I jumped back, but it went at me again and this time scrambled up my leg and started biting at my neck. It tickled more than it hurt.

I flicked the thing off, and it landed on the floor again. "Grrrrr!" it said, staring at me. "I'll nibble your fingers off!" Then it charged me again, went up my leg, and tried doing just what it threatened to do, tickling more than hurting again, and growling.

I flicked it off one more time. It flew through the air and landed in a cup that was standing on a table next to my bed. I usually keep cups full of water next to the bed, so that when I wake up in the middle of the night with cottonmouth I have something to drink. But this cup was full of beer. The mouse splashed, then tipped the cup over and flopped, in a messy puddle of mouse and beer, onto the floor.

It shook itself off, then scrambled up onto the bed and scampered under the blanket. "Grrrrr!" came the demented chihuahua voice from under the blanket. "I'll kick your ass! *hic!* ... where are you! *hic!*"

"The fucker's drunk!" I realized, and took a few steps back.

"Okay." I said to myself. "What drugs did you take last night?"

I had certainly been drinking. But the only thing that could make me hallucinate this badly was the Dramamine. I keep a box around in case of nausea and the like. But was I plastered enough last night to eat the whole box? I wasn't that drunk but maybe I had blacked out.

"Oh yeah!" I suddenly realized. "I'm dreaming!" Then I opened my eyes and woke up, and got up again, this time for real.

Dentist (See above) .... Worked... came home to find my "repaired" AC unit with a new power cable that was at least 1.5ft too long and huge, wrapped around on the ground with zip ties and installed with my garden hose tangled with it (The previous cord was not up to code so I asked him to replace it since his company did the install of the units). Disconnected said power cord and trimmed to right length and re-installed. Fucking technicians. Figured this was a bad sign so I went down and checked on the unit in the basement that he had worked on and replaced the drainage pipe (PVC, replaced because he broke it) to discover the PVC pipe was not glued but just pushed together and hence was leaking slowly all over my AC unit. Applied plumbers tape and fixed for now. FUCKING TECHNICIANS!!!

To add an extra kick to the nuts my lanscaper has been a no show for 3 days. I guess no hot tub this weekend. FUCK!

Gave an offer on a house not 10 minutes from the office.

On the market for one day and already it has at least 4 other offers.

Now I wait...

Just found out I'm not even in the running, and at least 8 more offers have come in. I offered $14k over the asking price with no contingencies w/ a 20% down payment/conventional loan.

lmfao

Just found out I'm not even in the running, and at least 8 more offers have come in. I offered $14k over the asking price with no contingencies w/ a 20% down payment/conventional loan.

lmfao

Sorry you didn't get the one you want dude. In this market no one should be paying more than asking I would think regardless of location.

No offense but was it a "starter house"? The first time home buyer credit has made that market go a bit nuts. The market is still depressed around Alexandria as best I can tell, I think Jumbos are still hard to get a hold of.

Pretty much. This one wasn't in the typical bad shape of so many of them. In addition to the 1st time buyer stuff, anything this close to Rockville = insanity under better conditions.

It sold in 2006 for like $490k, and the current asking price is $246k.

Naw, guessing is easy. Guessing right is hard.

Me: went to work. Got shanghaied into a meeting I was entirely unprepared for -- made me work a 4 hour day instead of a three hour day, and got even less done.

Drove around a lot. For some reason, when UPS tries to ship something to my Merrifield post office box, it gets held in Chantilly. I would have much preferred to have had to have gone to Laurel (my nearest hub). In addition to gas, ended up being pretty costly because I ended up on the toll road on the wrong side of Sterling on the way back.

And it was just for that stupid one-handed keyboard.

So, driving today: Rockville to Arlington, Arlington to Merrifield to Gaithersburg to Rockville, Rockville to Chantilly to Sterling/Dulles (Wegman's), then back to Rockville.

Really nice day to be driving around, can't really say I minded.

Edited by Dusty Chalk

started packing for my upcoming move. i hate packing, and i hate moving. i think i'll be staying in the new apartment for a while, though.

Packing for school.. I've realized that I have waaayy too much extra crap. Sorting through the stuff I actually use (headphone rig) and stuff I don't (everything else).