What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nursing sunburn, rushed through insane amounts of office work (powered by headphones, of course...), almost caught up with things, then another onslaught of new stuff, like a tsunami - and august is supposed to be slow... therefore, took a break to fix two shelves in a closet. picnic lunch, pick up kids, drop off kids (phew!), more work. bought plane tickets for family trip. managed to sneak a short round of Lost Planet on the xbox before setting the dinner table. mixed some drinks. getting ready to fire up a movie...

Went over the new house plumbing with plumber. Hand stitched pads for the Thunderdome. Celebrated my brothers 18th birthday at the Railway pub quiz.

Is a hooker the standard 18th year Birthday present over there, as it is here?

Is a hooker the standard 18th year Birthday present over there, as it is here?

I got him an Xbox 360 game. The game is a bit of a no go though because his Xbos360 broke for the 5th time a couple of days ago.

I didn't get a hooker for my 18th. Although I've actually still got a chocolate Champagne bottle with "Happy Birthday Doug" on it. After 6 years it looks a bit foosty.

I didn't get a hooker for my 18th. Although I've actually still got a chocolate Champagne bottle with "Happy Birthday Doug" on it. After 6 years it looks a bit foosty.

Yeah, I didn't use my 18th Birthday present either. After 30 years on the shelf, that hooker's looking a bit foosty too. ;)

Mowed.

Hung out with Lily in the kiddie pool for an hour or so. I just looked, it's 89 in the shade so I don't expect to go out much for the rest of the day.

Lol. It is 104F with 30% humidity here.

I dropped a package in the mail today to enable Colin. I figure this is always a good thing :)

My day started at 8AM with patients fighting because one had pissed on another's toothbrush a week ago, ejaculated into his milk, and spit in his Gatorade two days ago. The offender thought this was all perfectly reasonable as "I don't like the dude." The police were called in shortly after for an unrelated event, and then things started going downhill. It's 7PM and I'm going to bed. Sometimes that's the only healthy response to the world.

Mowed.

Hung out with Lily in the kiddie pool for an hour or so. I just looked, it's 89 in the shade so I don't expect to go out much for the rest of the day.

Lol. It is 104F with 30% humidity here.

I dropped a package in the mail today to enable Colin. I figure this is always a good thing :)

Not to try to outdo you two, but 104F with 30% humidity sounds downright pleasant. 102F with 75% humidity here today. The heatwave started in June this year, and there's been no relief in sight.

It's about 179F here today.

OK, you got me beat!

My day started at 8AM with patients fighting because one had pissed on another's toothbrush a week ago, ejaculated into his milk, and spit in his Gatorade two days ago. The offender thought this was all perfectly reasonable as "I don't like the dude." The police were called in shortly after for an unrelated event, and then things started going downhill. It's 7PM and I'm going to bed. Sometimes that's the only healthy response to the world.

This post tests my faith in evolution :(

Not to try to outdo you two, but 104F with 30% humidity sounds downright pleasant. 102F with 75% humidity here today. The heatwave started in June this year, and there's been no relief in sight.

Here the temps are only getting into the high 80s, but the humidity gets over 90%. Sweat is futile!

Vickie, I now have visions of Jack Nicholson and Ken Kesey, and no I do not think of you as nurse Ratched. More like Randle McMurphy's alter ego. :eek: