What did you do today?

riceboy

You guys are good guys, and thanks for the well wishes. After sleeping not much and getting up to take a precarious shower, I can safely say that Doc Torpedo has nailed the minimum prognosis. I cannot put weight on the leg or bend my knew much at all. Nurse Justin is thinking what I am thinking about an MRI but a colleague of mine just got tackled hard in a soccer game and said that they could not do an MRI on her ankle until the swelling went down. :palm:

But don't worry Antonio, I won't act pushy or lawyery with the doctor. Now, my son, he is another story. He wants me to find the guy that slammed me and sue him and maybe PG&E where he works and whose team he is on! :D

Still gonna have some work cut out to figure out how to get gear broken down and to the meet. A buddy is in town and I am sure there are some folks who would help, but how lame is that? :palm::palm:

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the bright side, DOTU. If you need a whole prosthetic leg, you might get one that fires missiles :)

In all seriousness, though, get better Al. We all live vicariously through you, and we need you at 100%. You also have what looks to be a loving family, and I'm sure they want you better.

Al, for your description of the accident I'm afraid you may have some serious ligaments damage, even the meniscus, but the first thing is just having simple Rx to discard bone fractures. Once inflammation goes down, they'll see, probably a RMI scan is needed to have a complete diagnosis, though that's not the most important. Many times RMI can't give as much information as an arthroscopic procedure. I wish you don't need that :) By now just take your pills, rest and try to enjoy your music. Keep us posted and get well.

Ouch, Al. As a pro with crutches and all forms of knee and ankle injuries, I can tell you that crutches are not as bad as people make them out to be. You just have to get a rhythm thing going, and you can move even faster than just walking. I hope you heal up fast.

For the last week of days, I've been doing all the boring things of work and bills and whatnots around the house. I've also been cooking healthy again and back at the gym trying to take this stubborn middle-aged weight off my ankles and knees again. Old injuries tend to show up again years later. Maybe I should be thankful for them. If they weren't hurting, I could probably be perfectly content sitting around adding more poundage, eating tasty treats and listening to music all evening.

how do you convert them bper?

Sitting in the orthopedist's office.

Going back to Lightroom, finding all the originals, transferring those to iPhoto via a plugin, and then using iPhoto to upload them to MobileMe galleries. The MobileMe galleries seem to me like a cleaner way of keeping photos online than the iWeb photo gallery.

Al, here's to a speedy recovery.. at least you guys won!

Congrats Todd. I think I already knew that, but now it is on the way!

What is the insanity, exactly, Mr. Round-Hole-Cutter-Technician?

X-rays were negative for breaks, but there is fluid on the knee and other indications would point to a torn lateral meniscus and possibly a torn ACL. :palm: MRI in the next couple days to confirm diagnosis, [wishful thinking]or maybe just show[/wishful thinking]. Fuck.

Here's to hoping it isn't the ACL, I've gone through that (although 15 years ago) and it was less than fun. Good news is that from the sounds of things none of what they are seeing would be life altering for you, i.e. a full recovery would be expected even if surgery was required.

And Al I'd have to put you on retainer in order to talk about the replacement. :indra:

Edited by n_maher