What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday - bought four more 5-gallon bottles of water due to the Total Coliform and E. coli Bacteria contamination in the local (Milford, MA) water supply. It was detected in a "few samples" on the 5th and they got around to warning the public on the 9th.

Today - Sitting at my computer wondering if I should go shower at the gym or go buy more big pots for boiling water.

No data on local restaurants and what they are doing. We ate at Truffles (awesome food) Saturday night.

Luckily, none of the symptoms at the moment, but did feel a bit funky a few days ago.

Stretch - neighbor - might want to keep an ear to the news

When I lived in Turkey, they once warned us that they started drawing water from a contaminated, untreated river three weeks after they did it. The rationale was that if they told people immediately, everyone would blame their new illnesses on the water. If no one knew, no one would blame the water, and the opposition party wouldn't have a chance to use it against them.

I drank it for weeks, and i was cool. Don't let "E. Coli" scare you too much -- not all forms are hazardous.

spent the last 10 hours cracking a piece of software... still not finished. This is the one thing you always outsource to the Russians, they're really good at it these days. So far, this binary does the following:

garbage code. lots of it

hides OEP, replaces original code with metamorphed garbage code.

damaged import table

does not use "GetProcAddress" but directly traverses DLL export table

rdtsc crap

closes Olly windows and other anti-debugging tricks

SEH nonsense

damaged EXE header

has its own TLS table

... and more.. Still not done, but a lot closer.

Cheers, Sir.

When I lived in Turkey, they once warned us that they started drawing water from a contaminated, untreated river three weeks after they did it. The rationale was that if they told people immediately, everyone would blame their new illnesses on the water. If no one knew, no one would blame the water, and the opposition party wouldn't have a chance to use it against them.

I drank it for weeks, and i was cool. Don't let "E. Coli" scare you too much -- not all forms are hazardous.

good thing you said that. i wanted kids some day, but i can't stand the wiggles.

Well it is not a universal. Peter is now five and we have managed to avoid both the Wiggles and Barney. I can live with Little Einsteins and the Imagination Movers.

I have some very fond memories of me and a bunch of other goths invading Chuck E. Cheese's and scaring the little kids shitless. We started doing it Thursday nights, and there was a weird influx and outflux of regulars. The outflux were the over-protective parents without a sense of humor, the influx were people who enjoyed watching us scare the little ones temporarily, and then the little ones would get over it and come up to us and ask stupid question like "why do you have a safety pin there?" and my personal favorite, "why do you dress like a girl?"

I'll never have kids.

"why do you have a safety pin there?"

Seems like a reasonable question for a kid to ask IMO.

The cool thing about kids questions to me is the complete lack of any malice. They just see something and want to know why it is.

The cool thing about kids questions to me is the complete lack of any malice. They just see something and want to know why it is.

Not that that isn't occasionally inconvenient for the parent.

"Daddy, why does that lady have such big breasts?"

That's what you get for teaching them the correct terminology.

Seems like a reasonable question for a kid to ask IMO.

You're talking about really young kids. I have been surprised by how quickly kids can be taught malice. I've actually turned to the parent, who had obviously coached the kid and said, "you should teach your kids some manners if you want to see them survive past the age of reproduction". He didn't understand the Darwin reference.

But I understand your point, which is why I also quoted the safety pin comment, you're right, that one was pure curiosity.