What did you do today?

riceboy

Ouch Al, sorry to hear about your accident. Like everyone else, I hope it isnt too bad and you have a quick recovery. Doesnt sound like fun. If the mechanics have to do work, make sure they get your alloy right.

531px-SMAW.welding.af.ncs.jpg

Edited by cetoole

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:palm: sorry to read that mate :( I hope the MRI doesn't confirm those suspicions, but I'm afraid I am not very optimistic :rolleyes: Did they suggest at some point any sort of surgical procedure if the ACL or meniscus are damaged?

Just generally said that out-patient arthroscopic surgery would be involved, but the ACL is more major and longer on the recovery side.

Gave an offer on a house not 10 minutes from the office.

On the market for one day and already it has at least 4 other offers.

Now I wait...

I was going to ask if that was walking or driving, but then I remembered what part of town you work in so...same, right? Or are you not counting traffic?

:P

Good luck!

I just don't know how to feel. When you take The Menace out of Vince Vaughn, what are you left with?

It was a decision that took months to make Steve so it wasn't entered into lightly. Trust in the fact that it's replacement, the MenaceTC, will be equal to the task of replacing the original.

Just generally said that out-patient arthroscopic surgery would be involved, but the ACL is more major and longer on the recovery side.

:( So they started "preparing" you already. Well, good luck, let's see what the MRI says. If you're not planning to practice sports, you might do pretty well without ACL repair surgery...

Al, sorry to hear of your predicament. Here's hoping for the best outcome.

Do you still have any of the Can Jam thank you left for self medicating?

Isn't there a Dispensary in Mayberry that can help in easing the pain?

If you need any help for the NorCal meet, let me know.

I was going to ask if that was walking or driving, but then I remembered what part of town you work in so...same, right? Or are you not counting traffic?

:P

Good luck!

Thanks Dusty.

Yeah, mostly driving, though it could be walked. But its off of Beach Drive a bit, so walking would probably be half hour or so, though part of the commute would be tricky on foot if I didnt take back roads, as it goes over the bridge of 355 near the beltway ramps. :D

It would be great if I got it, as its a separate house, so I could go hog wild with speakers :jacob:

HOLY CRAP!

Extremely!

X-rays were negative for breaks, but there is fluid on the knee and other indications would point to a torn lateral meniscus and possibly a torn ACL. :palm: MRI in the next couple days to confirm diagnosis, [wishful thinking]or maybe just show[/wishful thinking]. Fuck.

Yikes! Hopefully it won't be too bad in the end. It could have been worse though. At least you didn't get Theismannized. :o

Ugh, that sucks Al. Hopefully it's not too major. My mom just got her knee 'scoped, and it was the best thing she's done for herself in a long time. Up and around in 2 days with less pain than prior to surgery. That said, it was not a major injury, but rather a lot of medium things going on. Anyway, good luck with the diagnosis. Remember to get the good drugs.

Spent the day tending to the Little Monkey, who threw up twice. Poor thing. Seems to be doing better now.

That is never fun :(. I hope he is feeling better.

Also, sorry to hear about your injury Al :(. I hope you have the best recovery with a lot of scotch and bourbon to go with it :)