What did you do today?

riceboy

Attempted to install a higher capacity PSU (550 watts) and a new 512 MB Video Card on my Dell PC. Unfortunately I received the wrong parts from OutletPC.com, second time the send me the wrong parts even though not only were they provided w/ the model number but also with a picture of the video card. Of course they are not opened on weekends ... @#*&)%

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope all goes well with Bugsey.

X3 for today. So far made breakfast for my daughter and replaced the batteries in my hygrometer and added water to the humidifiers in my humidors, so far so good.

Added some water to my fridgedor. Lost a some humidity in the transition to cedar drawers and shelves.

I hope all goes well with Bugsey.

Added some water to my fridgedor. Lost a some humidity in the transition to cedar drawers and shelves.

Yeah, it takes about a week it seems for the cedar to fully hydrate so to speak to a consistent level. I forgot to mention that the vinotemp with those cedar drawers looks absolutely bitchin' Mike. I am kind of tempted to get another one for the house and get rid of these humidors. The problem is if I get storage that is larger than the stock I have on hand I will start acquiring more cigars. This is why I haven't picked up a second wine locker, I know my weaknesses.

Installed a double glazing unit in my bedroom window.

Continued project "throw out years of old shite from my room". The project goes well. Less shite = moar speakers.

Took down the shelving I put up a couple of months ago.

Filled in all the holes in my walls with surface plaster.

Window shopped for wall paint inspiration on the dulux webpage.

Finally put up my largest diffusion panels. (12 2'x2' squares on the back wall)

I thought they were a hard plastic but they turned out to be a closed cell foam. It actually made installation far easier.

Its amazing what a difference it makes, this room was nuts before. Sounds stay in their point of origin better if that makes sense.

I should have put that damn kegerator in my office when I had the chance. Now we're probably going to be selling the house and further "improvements" will doubtless be vetoed by the boss. :mad:

I am watching Craigslist for a decent kegerator. I hear the less expensive ones are not very good but the high end ones go for $1500 new so I think I will go inexpensive first.

i gotta get my planned beer brewing. a steam beer, to be called Cleveland Steamer.

Sounds good Reks. We will have a bunch of regional HC brew.

Just got back from the obligatory Santa visit, for which there was a 2 hour wait to have one's photo taken. Even my 3-year old son thought that was ridiculous. So we had some lunch and caught a show. As children's shows go, this one was actually pretty good. Maybe because it was all....Canadian?

EDIT: And while it was a good show, I still have a headache, need Advil, and a drink.

thank you to everyone for the kind words and positive thoughts -- it's greatly appreciated.

bugsey had the procedure late last night. they passed a catheter out the urethra to remove a stone that block it, which constricted and obstructed his urine flow. the vet also removed a few stones from his bladder.

my wife and i visited with bugsey this afternoon and he seemed to be recovering nicely, but also was sensitive and very sleepy.

IMG_0704.jpg

he still has an iv in his leg.

IMG_0714.jpg

trying to stay awake -- i hope the pain meds are making him feel good.

if all continues to go well, he'll be coming home monday. :)

Edited by 909