What did you do today?

riceboy

:palm:

Well...at least you figured out what it was.

Yes, the sushi was, indeed, superb. I usually get really good sushi, I had forgotten how long it had been since I had really excellent sushi.

I ended up not drinking the homebrew right away, but I don't want to let it sit around for too long, correct (the bottling thing)? Or is this one of those cases where the longer I let it sit around the better (fermenting)?

Interestingly, there was zero drinking and zero talk of alcoholic beverages.

I'd think you've got a couple of weeks if you keep it cold. I don't know how the carbonation will do over time, but those grosch bottles are usually pretty good for that.

I have no idea how it'll do over time, that's the first time for this combination of events (this recipe, kegging, then bottling, etc)

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was actually last night, but i broke one of my toes. that's been the highlight of this week. that's one of the benefits of working with MDs, though, the ol' "hey, why are you limping, want me to look at that?" the Phds are rather less useful for such things.

remind me to turn on lights if i want to get a glass of water in the middle of the night, instead of stumbling around in the dark.

Cleaned out the garage. Picked up a 30 pound umbrella base which fell out the bottom of the box sideways onto my big toe from a couple of feet up. It is now the biggest, black and blue toe.

Edited by tyrion

Ouch!

Was getting christmas decorations ready and found half the lights in our lighted garland were working. Went thru all the bulbs and still not working. Went out with the wife last night and didn't find anything else we liked, so spent about an hour this morning with the DMM and fixed it. Now my thumb and forefinger are sore from pulling #&@%! bulbs. :palm:

Sorry about the toe, Mike. You know the only thing that makes a banged up big toe better, of course, is plenty of pricey whisk[e]y, so I hope you took care of yourself properly.

Woke up in Mayberry, did a bit more wisteria maintenance, picked some persimmons for a neighbor, drove to SF and met JP and Filburt at my house for a ULN-2 vs. Amarra 4 comparo, with a little Filburt modded Assemblage DAC thrown in for good measure. After some hard work comparing those and fighting the lock-ups caused by switching firewire cables and software settings, and such, we headed to Toronado for some beer, pizza and/or sausages. The Limb & Life on tap was quite nice, and the Life & Limb tastes quite similar to the bottle incarnation. Capped off the day by making dinner for the family and now chilling with some tunes. Good end to the long weekend. Now toes were injured in the making of this day. :P

Came home from work sick at noon today. Pulled into my driveway just as the van from the furniture store arrived. Good timing except the turds were supposed to call prior to coming to the house.

Tried to sleep but couldn't. Decided to watch a movie. I had never seen Lawrence of Arabia. Just finished and I'm totally blown away. To say they don't make 'em like that any more is an understatement ... and sadly so.

Started the process of refinancing our house as re-convinced myself that any large transaction involving a bank is essentially a racket.

Example:

After 2 days of back and forth here's where I ended up with one lender.

Me: Ok, the rate looks good, monthly payment is good, so what would the closing costs be on that loan?

Loan Officer: $2200

Me: So that's all I'd be liable for at closing?

LO: Well, that and any fees.

Me: Fees? Like what?

LO: Title insurance.

Me: How much is that?

LO: $1000 (this is NH's fault, not his)

Me: Ok, that is what it is, anything else?

LO: Well, with the loan we're looking at right now there's also a funding fee.

Me: What does that amount to?

LO: $5000

Me: Wait, what?

LO: Yes, the lender charges a funding fee based on the amount of the loan.

Me: That's ridiculous.

LO: [silence]

Me: I think it's safe to say that I have no interest in that program.

LO: [silence]

So I ended up back at square one which is a program that lowers my rate over 1.25% and has exactly zero fees associated with it. What a waste of time.

^So annoying. We should probably refi, but I am dreading it for exactly the reasons you describe, among others.

The company that already holds our mortgage actually offered the easiest program without even asking, they sent us a letter. My assumption is that they are doing whatever they can to maintain their good customers even if it means less $$ for them (lower interest rate, no closing costs, etc.).

The company that already holds our mortgage actually offered the easiest program without even asking, they sent us a letter. My assumption is that they are doing whatever they can to maintain their good customers even if it means less $$ for them (lower interest rate, no closing costs, etc.).

Yeah, I'm getting those same letters. From the guy that I threatened to sue when the bank started to get twitchy around closing. :palm:

Yeah, I'm getting those same letters. From the guy that I threatened to sue when the bank started to get twitchy around closing. :palm:

It is your best interest to at least make someone else do some leg work on it. This refi will end up saving me $100k in interest over the life of the loan. :o

Or they're making your loan more attactive to sell. Common tactic...make a great refi offer to a current customer, close the deal and sell the loan within the next 90 days. It's happened to me twice ... but I benefited each time and I really don't care who holds the mortgage. There's always someone to service the loan as Countrywide customers have found out.