Deals

Dusty Chalk

Yeah well, by all accounts, this is probably one of the times that being a sheeple is excusable. :P

Oh, Je-eff, I believe this Zombie shooting spree has your name written all over it.

I'll try and make it myself, as long as we do one of the afternoon runs, just so's I can document your moment alone against the horde moment.

horde.gif

Pop Market, Aqualung box set.  http://www.popmarket.com/jethro-tull-aqualung-40th-anniversary-deluxe-box/details/26770473

Not really a "deal" as such at $105 for yet another of these "super deluxe" anniversary box sets, but maybe saves $15-20 off of the Amazon price.  

In any case, the point is that there is ALWAYS something about these box sets that presents a "hook" and in this case it's the Bluray (audio only) that is included in the box set but not otherwise available in any way, shape or form.  Not just any ole Bluray, but a magic disc that allows the listener to hear Aqualung as it's never been heard before in a brilliant quad mix (produced in 4.1, although it's called 5.1) that is apparently extraordinary.  So, really... it is a big deal... and I really want to freaking hear it... but for $105!?!?!?!  URGH.  Making matters worse, now that EMI has been sold, it's anyone's guess as to how long this box set may be available.  What sucks is that everything else in the package is throwaway.  I've got the 180g vinyl version already.  I've got all of the CD mixes.  I don't give a crap about the book and more pictures of Ian Anderson's ugly mug...

This on the heels of having spent a very similar sum of cash just yesterday on the SMiLE Sessions box set (which has been available for a couple of years now)... finally caved in, because it too had the hook of revealing all sorts on interesting discoveries about the whole mysterious process surrounding the album that never was.  So you either shell out the dough, or you never get to hear it for yourself.  They're smart, these mega box set making motherfuckers, especially when they can add a hook that they know will get you because of its exclusivity.

Edited by Wmcmanus