The Official Head-Case Photography Thread.

Knuckledragger

Thanks guys. Now I need to bother you again. I think I'm having some buyer's remorse. I like the D300 a lot, but I believe the controls on the D7000 are going to be more intuitive for me coming from the D50. Also, the D7000's size does have certain advantages, of course, even though I don't love the ergonomics. From what I've read the ergonomics can be improved by adding a battery grip to the D7000. I like the tank-like build quality of the D300, but now I'm wondering if the transition to the D7000 would be easier for me. So, bottom line is that I'm considering exchanging the D300 for the D7000. And I'm annoyed at myself. Any advice/guidance would be much appreciated.

I had the d7000 for a bit. didn't really feel the need to have a grip. did try it with a grip but the whole thing got waaaay too bulky. with manual lenses that had an aperture ring, it was fun to just set the camera to aperture priority and be able to change iso on the fly with one of those control wheely contraptions. never really felt the need to fiddle around with other settings. but even with afs lenses the other wheel allows you to change the aperture. so wasn't bad at all. nice camera.

a few from my recent trip to nyc/penn state for my sisters graduation.

Getting out of Port Authority Terminal

CjE5S.jpg

Walking a wee bit further

TNaR9.jpg

Then someone turned off the colors

2m8my.jpg

Lunch with Colin

LFY6F.jpg

After eating the burger I felt a slight amount of shame for betraying Le Tub

d2Ufm.jpg

A fine musician who, even for $10 and a free lunch, would not perform the epic sax guy riff. He had no clue what I was talking about so I pulled out my phone and showed him. He laughed and said his dead grand father would come back to life and whoop his butt if he even tried to play that nonsense. Then he went back to playing Coltrane.

yqbxd.jpg

I heard you like taking pictures so I put a guy taking a picture in your picture so you can take a picture while he takes a picture

m8bc8.jpg

Off to Penn State

KK8YT.jpg

On the way to 33000 ft

NPSwh.jpg

Waiting to get the diploma (to sister) aka $220000 piece of paper (to dad)

Z7byQ.jpg

Off to bigger and better things

v5k79.jpg

It seems like only yesterday we were fighting over her putting her finger in the air on my side of the room...

Edited by crappyjones123