Head-Case Fantasy Football

tkam

I continue to see that my number one pick in League 1 Ray Rice is the worst RB in the league.  No idea how I have salvaged a season with my top picks tanking.  I thought I would lose both of my bye week weeks but I ended up somehow beating Brent and I am sort of in the running for a win this week against Bryan.  No idea how with my big points guys on the bench two weeks in a row.

Another superb performance for my QB (Locker: -3), why didn't I just go with Keenum instead of listening to the "experts"?

Because the experts suck? :)

They all pretend to know shit with all these stats and such but we all know there are so many variables (luck being a big one) that really skews/invalidates statistics. 

My team is one of "great on paper" teams.  You'd think a team with Jamaal Charles, Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, Eric Decker, Vernon Davis would be better than 5th in the league.  Can't really wrap my brain around what's going on.  I see the same issue with Brent and Haj's teams.  I guess in a 8 player league, everyone is just so stacked.  A 10 player league would be a lot less luck based since you wouldn't start the same guys every week.  I will definitely give props to Bryan for some sick waiver pickups and great start/sit decisions.

I will definitely give props to Bryan for some sick waiver pickups and great start/sit decisions.

Thanks Frank. I have to agree though, luck plays a huge role. Half my team in the 8 league was auto drafted. Even though I did use my preferences for the auto, it still landed me guys I would have likely passed on. Most notably my RB's. I don't think I would have picked Lynch, Gore, or Lacy but I ended up with three very stable, dependable guys in a year where RB's are generally horrible. I did key in a few other good picks such as Antonio Brown, and luckily that was for both leagues.

I'll take credit for the team's depth on the bench though. And rotating D/ST and K.

Season's not over, still anyone's game come playoff time.

Coming into the last week of the regular season and here is my go at the playoff scenario:

Bryan: has the #1 seed locked up. Congrats, nice kick-ass regular season!

Todd: has the #2 seed locked up. Congrats!

Brent: controls own destiny:

Locks up #3 seed with a win OR losses by Tracy & Frank

Still gets #3 with a loss and wins by Tracy & Frank as long as:

Tracy does not outscore him by 52 points or Frank outscores him by 136 points (pretty much has #3 locked up, congrats!)

Tracy: Controls own destiny:

#4 seed with win OR Frank loss (as long as Frank does not outscore me by 84 points)

Frank:

#4 Seed with win AND Tracy loss.

#4 Seed with win OR Tracy loss if outscores Tracy by 84 points.

Haj:

#4 Seed with win AND losses by Tracy and Frank AND outscores Tracy by 62 points AND is not outscored by Frank by more than 23 points.

I think that's right anyway.

Edit: I just noticed that the regular season finale match-up certainly favors Frank (vs 0-12 Tyler), while I am up against 9-3 Todd.

I best bring it next week!

• Like 1