What to do where to go?

Grand Enigma

why not just get a nice hotel room in newark or irvington and go on late night walks?

is hawaii, washington state, oregon or even ontario out of the question? i can't wait to go back to hawaii nothing like clean air, blue skies, super green and lush, red dirt, warm rain, tons of beautiful beaches, snorkeling, endless trails and great food... i highly recommend kauai and this guidebook.

Wallingford/Cheshire area is a great treadeoff IMO.

Cheshire can go suck it. Damn snobs.

Here's a kind of out there suggestion: Minneapolis area. My fiancee is from there, and I've loved the feel. Everyone's so nice, there's a great balance of city/suburb, wide open spaces, etc. It just clicks well.

I highly recommend Portland OR if you're willing to move to the west coast. Portland has all the amenities of a medium sized city but feels like a town. It's extremely well planned city and beautiful on top of it. It's where I plan to move when I get out of school if that ever happens. The only problem from what I understand is that there aren't a lot of job opportunities.

LOL too hot in the summer, quite cold in the winter, much humidity for the river being very close, street climbing to go anywhere... The best thing is that by AVE -high speed train- you can go to Madrid in about 20 minutes, were you sick of living in a really small town.

It's still better than the Toledo that Jacob was referring to. A lot better! ;)

I take it you live in Madrid from your post?

I highly recommend Portland OR if you're willing to move to the west coast. Portland has all the amenities of a medium sized city but feels like a town. It's extremely well planned city and beautiful on top of it. It's where I plan to move when I get out of school if that ever happens. The only problem from what I understand is that there aren't a lot of job opportunities.

Portland is great as long as you can handle not seeing the sun for months at a time in the fall and winter. I couldn't do it. I get SAGS and would probably shoot up the city after two months of it. :(

Anywhere between San Diego and Sacramento... :)

Except OC, the Inland Empire and the LA area. Oh yeah, except for Santa Barbara too. We already have too damn many people. Besides, it really isn't all that nice here. ;)

It's still better than the Toledo that Jacob was referring to. A lot better! ;)

I take it you live in Madrid from your post?

Does he know a different Toledo in Spain? If it's worse than that, now I know why I don't know of it ;D

Yep, we're living in Madrid. Not a city I'd recommend to live in nowadays.

In the USA I remember Milwaukee as a very lovely town where I wouldn't mind to live. Probably too cold in the winter, we went there in July and wasn't as hot as Chicago :palm: However my favorite city in the US is San Francisco. Not that I know the whole country at all, but among the places I've been there, SFO looks like one of the nicest places to live in.

Does he know a different Toledo in Spain? If it's worse than that, now I know why I don't know of it ;D

Yep, we're living in Madrid. Not a city I'd recommend to live in nowadays.

In the USA I remember Milwaukee as a very lovely town where I wouldn't mind to live. Probably too cold in the winter, we went there in July and wasn't as hot as Chicago :palm: However my favorite city in the US is San Francisco. Not that I know the whole country at all, but among the places I've been there, SFO looks like one of the nicest places to live in.

Jacob was referring to Toledo, Ohio. I've only heard a few tales so I'll let him describe its wonders. ;)

Still, Madrid is better than Toledo (Spain). I've never been to Milwaukee so really can't comment on it. I definitely prefer a warmer climate. Come out to the next CanJam (or whatever they decide to call it) and work out a visit with my wife and I. Of course, I've also invited Contrastique and her boyfriend so it might get a bit crowded. :eek: Still, the more the merrier.

Jacob was referring to Toledo, Ohio. I've only heard a few tales so I'll let him describe its wonders. ;)

Still, Madrid is better than Toledo (Spain). I've never been to Milwaukee so really can't comment on it. I definitely prefer a warmer climate. Come out to the next CanJam (or whatever they decide to call it) and work out a visit with my wife and I. Of course, I've also invited Contrastique and her boyfriend so it might get a bit crowded. :eek: Still, the more the merrier.

Toledo, Ohio must be an inhabitable place indeed, rumors have arrived to Spain :P Not kidding, seriously, someone told me about it.

Thanks a lot for the invite :D Be careful, we might accept it ;)

Thanks a lot for the invite :D Be careful, we might accept it ;)

Don't worry. I only make them to those who I want to accept them. I do have to check with the Boss, but I don't think that there is any chance of a problem there. She spent a summer in Spain and her Spanish is not bad. I'm sure that she'd love to meet you and would relish the chance to practice speaking Spanish.

Spanish lessons and practice for food, not a bad deal ;) When's the next CanJam?

It's in LA. The date isn't set yet but I'm guessing sometime in the spring. The planning committee will let us know when the date has been chosen.

I live in Santa Barbara, which is about 1.5 hours (or more, depending on traffic) up the coast from the meet area. My wife and I will stay at the meet hotel 2 or 3 nights. Other than those nights, you're welcome to stay with us before and/or after the meet. You just can't mind cats and parrots as we have 3 and 4 of them respectively.

• 6 years later...