PS-1s for sale on the 'Bay

Knuckledragger

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an collecting item of limited product I would agree with the high price tag, but as an headphones they aren't worth that much, imo. The highest I would pay is their basic price, which was EUR 1000, I believe.

The funny thing is, when I putted GS1k pads on them, they sounded damn close to them, which made me think that GS1k was twicked from PS-1.

Soon I am going to listen to them again, but then with better source, so I can make my mind what ever I want them or not, cos I don't see me to choose PS-1 above GS1k when I listen to any genre, except ROCK and that's pretty limited, imo.

p.s. Of course if you hate/don't like/cant stand GS1000, PS-1 are the only Grado I would own.

I think the PS-1 in a used market will soon drop as the HD800 starts to work its magic. I remember back when the HD650 was released in 2003, the price of all HP-1, & 2 dropped from $1200 to almost $650. Of course, a year later the HP-1s went up again after folks found they like their HP-1 better than HD-650.

I think the PS-1 in a used market will soon drop as the HD800 starts to work its magic. I remember back when the HD650 was released in 2003, the price of all HP-1, & 2 dropped from $1200 to almost $650. Of course, a year later the HP-1s went up again after folks found they like their HP-1 better than HD-650.

I thought the HP1000 dropped in price (early-ish 2004 IIRC) because the PS1 was new and being touted as the "best grado ever". That took pressure directly off of what was a small demand/supply for the HP1000 (until the HP1000 got a new injection of enthusiasm on head-fi, and then the PS1 production ran dry). Though that did kind of all happen around the same time...my memory is a bit hazy there.

I thought the HP1000 dropped in price (early-ish 2004 IIRC) because the PS1 was new and being touted as the "best grado ever". That took pressure directly off of what was a small demand/supply for the HP1000 (until the HP1000 got a new injection of enthusiasm on head-fi, and then the PS1 production ran dry). Though that did kind of all happen around the same time...my memory is a bit hazy there.

No you are pretty much correct or I should say that is how I saw it. PS1's came and the price of HP's dropped pretty dramatically. People complained of the PS1 bass heaviness and I remember seeing its used price going down - there was a time when I saw a set of used Ps-1's from Blitzula stay on the boards for a week at $850. I remember looking at it for a bit, and saying, "nah...not worth it":palm:

I bet this is how many feel about the mastering label DCC - all those yummy hoffman mastered gold cd's you could have got for $15 or less.

I wonder with the HD800 how the NOS vintage market will end up. Also, does anyone know if the HD800 is a limited edition?