Rudistor XJ-03

minivan

i found some internal pic of this portable amp, and posted in the headfi thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/rudistor-xj-03-a-347133/

some1 pm me asking me to remove it. was there something wrong i did posting internal pic to be share with other?

anyway,what do guys think of this amp?

some1 in headfi reckon it's better then the pico, it look like a ra-1 to me?

post-511-12951152325484_thumb.jpg

post-511-1295115232611_thumb.jpg

post-511-12951152326683_thumb.jpg

post-511-1295115232712_thumb.jpg

Looks like a Cmoy to me. Sovkiller posted the following in the hf thread you referenced:

Externally charged batteries are useful if you use one or two batteries, but not for battery packs. Also it has a circuitry inside to monitor the battery operation, and optimize their performance, based on the batteries selected...Those cases and combinations of small battery packs, of just one or two batteries, are more or less the power used in the portable sources. What is the big deal then in purchasing and carrying an amp with you, if you will have at the end a very similar performance??? Rudi wanted something more beefy and substantially different in sound, and those small packs battery selection do do not provide enough juice for his design to operate properly, and offer what you are looking for...

I don't see any charging circuitry whatsoever beyond perhaps a resistor on this thing, unless its built into the case or something that I can't see from those pics. Looks like it uses a pair of AAs?

Classic Rudistor, cheap parts, badly made and designs that are way past their sell by date. Top it off with a cheap chassis and a high pricetag so that everybody thinks that they aren't crap. Well everybody that thinks Markl and Sovkiller aren't idiots any way.

Somebody needs to tell that fucktard that 90

Yeah, I hadn't commented on the spare no expense PCB... hehe. I've done home etched boards that look as good (or better) than that. Of course Rudi would probably claim that silkscreen/solder mask, etc. have a detrimental effect and cause ripples in the force or some such nonsense :palm:

Makes RSA circuity design look complex

Hf was fine with me putting up pics of the internals for the TTVJ Millett Hybrid Portable - I guess that's because it's actually not a gaping piece of shit like this. Ridiculous that anyone among the staff there actually finds it okay to teach such ignorance and allow people to be so bamboozled for the sake of pleasing someone who isn't even a sponsor (far as I can see).

Sadly informative

Wow. Some people would say all that matters is whether it sounds good or not, but... Based on the internals, why isn't it as small as a Xin Reference or Xin Super Micro?

It's more than just how it sounds. For instance, I could buy one of these and put it in a pretty package and sell it for $1000. Would you buy it, even if it sounded great? Sound quality is definitely the most important thing, but one needs to know if one can get the same or better SQ for a lot less. Knowing the internals of an amp helps find other options. $500 for this amp is the worst amp deal I've every seen.

Classic Rudistor, cheap parts, badly made and designs that are way past their sell by date. Top it off with a cheap chassis and a high pricetag so that everybody thinks that they aren't crap.

<snip>

Rudistor would have to make an expensive custom chassis to make it small. Then they would have to charge $700 to get the same profit margin.

This is the beauty of Head-case. I get to see the insides of a piece-of-shit before I buy it / it gets taken down.

Audio is a ridiculous, top heavy industry where decent manufacturers are going out of business. Why should we help prop that up by sweeping shit like this under the rug? If Rudistor can't figure out a way to deliver actual product for their price point, then they deserve to fail.

Agenda or no, pictures don't lie.

I have no problem with pictures of internals being posted but since this does not appear to of an amp owned by minivan, how do we know if this is internals of the amp Rudi sells? I have no idea but throw out the question. The post with the pics on HF is back but the links are broken for some reason. Without knowing more about where these pics come from, I am a bit uncomfortable with them being posted on HF.

it'd be a pretty elaborate hoax, especially since it looks just like something rudistor would build.

I have no idea whether it's a hoax. I also have no idea if the OP has any idea on the authenticity of the pics. Assuming it is the amp (I don't doubt it is by the way), we don't know if this is the amp being sold now or a prototype. I have no idea with internal pics being posted as long as we have some verification that it is a pic of what it is represented to be.

I sent an XJ-03 owner a link to the photos and asked him if he could take photos of the insides of his:

"I have opened up my XJ-03 before and it look like that. I was shocked too but now I can't take any pics of it as I have sent back for an RMA due to the headphone jack being loose. Rudistor just shipped a pair for me today so when it arrive then i'll be able to take a shot of the inside."

Additionally, at least two other people on the XJ-03 thread at HF have had their unit break and have to send it back for repair. The rate of failure in build integrity here on this amp that is so new and not even in a FoTM status at all is way too high.

Using all of these factors, one starts to get this cohesive picture of a log of shit being painted in their head

This unit is just like every single other thing rudi has made. The finish is called

solderbrite. The boards are still layed out by hand as evidenced the parallel

traces not being parallel. Audio Research still does a lot of their stuff this way.

The finish lasts no more than about 10 years before corrosion starts to cause

trouble.

I did a set of prototype boards this way about 20 years ago. And decided never

again. it is a bunch cheaper because 2 less masks are needed.