What are you listening to Part Two

deepak

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hooverphonic - The President of the LSD Golf Club

41%2BbPC-TCAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm a pretty big Hoover fan and had never heard of this, their last studio album before Geike Arnaert left the band in '08. It's interesting and seems like quite the departure from their normal style, but so far in a good way. Pity this was never released in the US, I'm simply not shelling out $60-$100 for it.

Hooverphonic - The President of the LSD Golf Club

41%2BbPC-TCAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm a pretty big Hoover fan and had never heard of this, their last studio album before Geike Arnaert left the band in '08. It's interesting and seems like quite the departure from their normal style, but so far in a good way. Pity this was never released in the US, I'm simply not shelling out $60-$100 for it.

WANT!!!

7257.jpg

Gutter Twins - Saturnalia

Don't even know how I learned of this, but found it a couple days ago in a stack of unopened cds I'd bought on a midnight binge a couple months ago, and I've listened to it a few times since. Minus the production quality, I'm loving every track on this cd, a collaboration between Greg Dulli of Afghan Whigs and Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees and Queens of the Stone Age. Mark's voice has an Iggy vibe, which makes the fact that this goes leans a wee bit too pop/rock for me all fine with me.

Edited by boomana

7257.jpg

Gutter Twins - Saturnalia

Don't even know how I learned of this, but found it a couple days ago in a stack of unopened cds I'd bought on a midnight binge a couple months ago, and I've listened to it a few times since. Minus the production quality, I'm loving every track on this cd, a collaboration between Greg Dulli of Afghan Whigs and Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees and Queens of the Stone Age. Mark's voice has an Iggy vibe, which makes the fact that this goes leans a wee bit too pop/rock for me all fine with me.

mark's albums are just great. very depressing though. gutter twins is pretty interesting because the Mark Lanegan fans dont like it because theres too much Greg.

For me:

51NknET972L._SS500_.jpg

Fiona Apple does a great job on this album