Audio Nirvana

naamanf

Powermatic and Jet are the same company. The Powermatics are nice but just a lot more $$ because they are yellow. If I was going to blow some serious cash on a saw it would be a Sawstop or Laguna.

Just get some cheap wood and cut away. Setting up the table is half the fun. Well not really. But it at least it ensures you get a good cut every time.

Agreed, Jet uses most of the same technology since they bought Powermatic.

Laguna tools are teh shit!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pics or ban.

And this is the stock enclosure design, right? I was perusing the website yesterday and saw some similar boxes, although I can't believe that you didn't go all out. ;D:eek:

2_8burl.jpg

Yeah I am using the stock design. If I like them I can then decide how crazy I want to go on the veneer/hardwood.

Here is the driver in it's box.

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

And for size comparison to a Scan 12m 4.5" mid and TC 3000 12" sub.

DSC_0029.jpg

Overall the quality seems okay. Definitely not up to the same quality of some of the better drivers. On a build quality level I have seen better drivers for the same price or less. But I guess it all comes down to how it sounds. And I won't know that till I get them playing music. So back out to the garage for me.

Edited by naamanf

I'm still checking out your router table/table saw extension.

Somehow I think we'd get along very well. Power tools and audio gear, it doesn't get any better!

That woofer looks like it has some awesome travel.

Waiting patiently for first impressions.

I'm still checking out your router table/table saw extension.

Somehow I think we'd get along very well. Power tools and audio gear, it doesn't get any better!

That woofer looks like it has some awesome travel.

Waiting patiently for first impressions.

I think tools and audio gear are stuff you can never have enough of.

The woofer actually only has a 1mm xmax so it isn't going to be a SPL monster, but it should be sufficient at normal listening levels. The real test will be when I crank up 10,000 days.

Naaman, I know a speaker builder in Castle Rock working on a new design with the Audio Nirvana. I'll have to figure out what he's up to, but I imagine he might like to speak to you.

Yeah shoot me a PM and we will see if we can get in touch.

Yeah, my dad has the same table/router combo with a similar fence. It's sweet and makes my Bosch look like a toy.

It's a big step up from the Craftsman that replaced it.

Installed threaded knife inserts for mounting the speakers and routed out the back side of the speaker cut out. First box done and drying. I need more clamps.

DSC_0039.jpg

Very nice indeed. my weeny is only big enough for headphone cups :D

Careful Smeggy, a less trustworthy person could edit that post with malice in mind. I've done so only to show what could happen when we're careless. >:D

I thought your car install was awesome as well. You're a talented guy.

Did I miss something?

Just the fact that he's willing to jump in and try something that daunting is reason for respect. The realisation that he can not only accomplish it, but master it so quickly has me in complete awe.

Naaman has made my top 5 Head-Fi/Head-Casers I'd like to meet in person list, and that's a lofty little group.

Just astounding stuff Naaman!

And you build R/C Helicopters, too? Add in the inevitable interest in guns and knives, and I think you have just about every hobby fetish imaginable mastered.

How do you feel about watches? Fountain pens? Girls in fur suits?

R/C Airplanes was the first hobby I ever got into. Strangely enough I think I like building them more than flying them.

Yeah I have to many interests. It's a blessing and a curse.

Watches? I would be but the ones I really cost $$$. Maybe when I grow up and get a real job. Being left handed a quality pen would be lost on me. And I prefer the ladies in the buff.

Just the fact that he's willing to jump in and try something that daunting is reason for respect. The realisation that he can not only accomplish it, but master it so quickly has me in complete awe.

Naaman has made my top 5 Head-Fi/Head-Casers I'd like to meet in person list, and that's a lofty little group.

Just astounding stuff Naaman!

I think there needs to be a blushing smiley. Just like having projects and learning new things. Except guitar. Me+guitar=fail.

Can you drive that truck to CanJam '09 in LA? That would be the shit. Respek.

Change it to Denver and I will drive. After my 48 hour trip home I don't think I want to sit in one vehicle for an extended time for a while. Plus I removed the big box from the rear is not longer there. Just takes up to much room. Plus I felt like I should have spinners if I was going to have that much sub in my car.

Okay the speaker plays! Still not really finished (waiting on mounting plate for the rear speaker terminals) but I thought I would hook them up and see how they sounded. First thing is placement and room acoustics (dugh) make a big difference. So far I found they sound best spread far apart against the wall and toed in just a bit. They definitely handle the top and low ends just fine. Right now my only complaint is they seem to have to much mid range. Hopefully further tweeks on placement and breakin help. If not a notch filter maybe in order or a really warm tube amp. Hmm tube amp. Mmmmmm.....

DSC_0041.jpg