New RSA amp...

penger

Well the much better BHSE is still not sold either. These are expensive amps and the economy isn't too hot.

Which one? On the for sale forum? It's been 1 day! I don't get emails about the BHSE every day. In fact, I can only recall 1 email about it since I put the finished amp on my website, and it was also at the NY meet. I think Head-Fi is all out of $5k e-stat amp buyers + the economy..

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which one? On the for sale forum? It's been 1 day! I don't get emails about the BHSE every day. In fact, I can only recall 1 email about it since I put the finished amp on my website, and it was also at the NY meet. I think Head-Fi is all out of $5k e-stat amp buyers + the economy..

Except that I am now considering the BHSE. :palm:

he asked me how to wire the jacks at CanJam, which means he had never plugged a headphone into an amp design at that time. jamato's thread was a few weeks before that: Who knows what the pin out is for Stax and Sennheiser electrostatics? - Head-Fi: Covering Headphones, Earphones and Portable Audio

That's what I thought. It will also be interesting to see if the bias voltages and ballast resistors are correct for the Stax and He90 outputs...

I've gotten more PM's then you then. :D

Ray will surely expect a review proportional to the price, with hour by hour burn-in impressions.

I'm not sure I want that responsibility. We'll see, as it will be here at our Colorado High-Fi meet on 7/25/09 before Ray leaves it with me to review. But I'm also worried about what if something happens to it while in my possession. That was partly the reason why I didn't want to review it before CanJam, along with Ray wanting a larger audience to audition it (which meant waiting for our meet here). There will be no hour by hour burn-in impressions, and the A-10 is already burned in anyways (unless you don't believe in breaking in electronics, then it will simply be a used piece of gear with wear-and-tear).

At the meet the A-10 will be compared to a maxed GES, Blue Hawaii SE, and a EC ZDT speaker amp with SRD-7 Pro, among others. I understand that none of these for comparison will be an "expensive" pre-amp and they don't cost as much, but wow!

Thou hast employed grammar in the indicative toward the A-10 not being meritous of the catagorical nomenclature of "high end pre-amp". One has hesitancy in allowing inductive confirmation of the conclusion from presumption that thou hadst not such end aim within thine articulations.

So you're considering the job? Please give us a side-by-side review with the Amphora out of an iMod.

Well, I've been offered the A-10 review job, so yeah, I'm considering it. But that is old news.

On a different note, do you really think an iMod with Vcaps and Amphora will be good enough to compare to even an average stat rig? Or are you thinking that the A-10 will be low enough that it wont surpass the Amphora? And what headphones should I pair with the Amphora to compare to the Stax O2? I've been selling off dynamics to get moar stats but I still have RS-1, HD600, ESW10, K1000, modded D2000, K240M and HFI-700.

My Woo WA6 would be a more fair comparison (with RS-1 or HD600), since I posted in my review that the Woo was better (lo and behold the Woo has improved as the Blackgates and Vcaps finished burning in). I'll have my EC ZDT by then, and maybe the K1000 via 8-watt speaker taps will be even better competition.

Hmmm...

Well, I've been offered the A-10 review job, so yeah, I'm considering it. But that is old news.

On a different note, do you really think an iMod with Vcaps and Amphora will be good enough to compare to even an average stat rig? Or are you thinking that the A-10 will be low enough that it wont surpass the Amphora? And what headphones should I pair with the Amphora to compare to the Stax O2? I've been selling off dynamics to get moar stats but I still have RS-1, HD600, ESW10, K1000, modded D2000, K240M and HFI-700.

My Woo WA6 would be a more fair comparison (with RS-1 or HD600), since I posted in my review that the Woo was better (lo and behold the Woo has improved as the Blackgates and Vcaps finished burning in). I'll have my EC ZDT by then, and maybe the K1000 via 8-watt speaker taps will be even better competition.

Hmmm...

Considering the pricing, it's 100% sure that the A-10 will be better, but I would not write off the iMod/Vcap/Amphora so easily. Did you try rolling some Black Gates? I'm a big fan of markl-modded D2000, but only after 550 hours of burn-in, I'd be interested in hearing how they compare to the O2/A-10 in the Amphora setup.

Considering the pricing, it's 100% sure that the A-10 will be better, but I would not write off the iMod/Vcap/Amphora so easily. Did you try rolling some Black Gates? I'm a big fan of markl-modded D2000, but only after 550 hours of burn-in, I'd be interested in hearing how they compare to the O2/A-10 in the Amphora setup.

Dunno, that last post sounds more like you are yanking my chain. Then you get to say, "Fished In!" when I bite. :P

Dunno, that last post sounds more like you are yanking my chain. Then you get to say, "Fished In!" when I bite. :P

Dunno, my previous posts were inspired from your reviewing style. Are you yanking our chains with all your burn-in crap and ass licking on Head-fi?