Manley Skipjack--Your thoughts?

The Monkey

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good imaging, but huge sweet spot, which is one thing I like... you can move around and not lose alot. Contrast that with my twin brother's Apogees... move 1" and you lose it (or so it seems).

Nice neutral midrange as well (IMO). My younger brother bought a pair of these and from his description of them, I bought mine without having listened to them. Not the best way of buying speakers, but I knew my brother's hearing and mine matched up well, so if he liked them I was pretty certain I would as well.

hey dickface what stringray you got? the shiny gold looking one or the newer one?

what you be powering with it also?

Not only do I have the shiny gold one (note: not gold looking, that is actual 18 carat gold plate -- ultra-bling), I have the one that Stereophile reviewed.

Right now, it's not powering anything. The last pair of speakers that it drove were a pair of Pioneer HPM-200's. I intend to try it out with my recently acquired K1000's.

I'm really disappointed, as I was looking forward to seeing all of you. But it's my little guy's third birthday, and it looks like we'll be having the party for him that weekend.

So maybe with all the money I "save" I'll get this stupid Skipjack.

Even better, have the party for him at Disneyland.

Potential BIG win. Will float the idea tonight.

I think we can get you discount tickets as well, you just may have to impersonate a St John's MD. ;) Not really, but we can get discount tickets.

"It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all" ad nauseum.

Here is what I got...or a derivative of this:

page6

Very nice and it is expensive but you put the quality components you want and that is what drives the cost up. I also was thinking about having Art add a headphone out but have not yet. Mine will do either three inputs in and four out or the reverse without any antenuator.

Home page is: http://home.comcast.net/~ampbox/

Here is what I got...or a derivative of this:

page6

Very nice and it is expensive but you put the quality components you want and that is what drives the cost up. I also was thinking about having Art add a headphone out but have not yet. Mine will do either three inputs in and four out or the reverse without any antenuator.

Home page is: index

Art does really really good work and his prices are the same as they were five years ago. He built me a custom case for my Flying Mole amp a few years back and his work was flawless and he is a great guy to work with.

Not only do I have the shiny gold one (note: not gold looking, that is actual 18 carat gold plate -- ultra-bling), I have the one that Stereophile reviewed.

Right now, it's not powering anything. The last pair of speakers that it drove were a pair of Pioneer HPM-200's. I intend to try it out with my recently acquired K1000's.

the string ray (old school, the one u own) and the k1000's should be amazing together..i forecast this...this i do!