Ye Macce Threade

I love the new MBA's. I might prefer the 13" more due to the higher res screen, more battery life and SD slot. I could see it being a desktop replacement like my 15" MBP, just by adding a USB hub with a DAC, Superdrive, and portable HD for my iTunes library.

However I decided a few days ago to go for Marc's KGSS instead, since my Macbook Pro + iPad 2 are working so well for me right now. Once my son's 2006 MBP dies and I have to hand down my unibody MBP to him for school, I'll give it more consideration.

I don't like all the negative reviews in the app store that I'm reading of Lion right now. I'm very happy with Snow Leopard as it is.

I upgraded parallels to 6.0 in anticipation, but I have to make sure everything else that I use is okay, since some apps need Rosetta and I'm not sure which apps those are (except older AppleWorks, MS Works, Quicken, older Photoshop and office 2005 and older which I don't use). I know that AirDisplay which uses my iPad as a second monitor will quit working in Lion with my model of MBP, at least until apple patches the 3rd party video driver issue with some older Macs. I have an original unibody 15" I bought in Jan 2009, and the June 2009 MBP are fine.

I really like the way Expose and Space works now, and the Mission Control sounds like a pain to get used to. I'd prefer that the scroll bars and scrolling/swiping gestures didn't change. Apparently if you use two monitors and set an app for full screen then the second monitor does nothing. I hated how iTunes went all grey, and now iOS is going all grey too. How long before App icons go grey too?

I don't like big changes in something I've been using for years. Heck, I still want all the MobileMe features to remain in iCloud and keep things like syncing of keychains and preferences which we will lose with iCloud. I like the way iDisk and MobileMe gallery work too. iCloud beta on Snow Leopard is good enough, with being able to re-download apps, music and books.

So, I think that Lion is Apple's Vista, and just like I had stayed with Win XP I'm staying with Snow Leopard for as long as I can.

I have zero issues with Lion so far. Of course it would have to make the computer piss on my carpet and steal my wallet to be Apple's version of Vista. Launchpad seems useful but I still have not dug that deeply into it.

I have zero issues with Lion so far. Of course it would have to make the computer piss on my carpet and steal my wallet to be Apple's version of Vista. Launchpad seems useful but I still have not dug that deeply into it.

x2. It seems silly to jump to that conclusion so quickly HPA, especially the way Apple updates its OS.