Apple Tablet

I have to admit that I am once again tempted to get a MBP.

Dinny, I'm curious as to what will you use the MBP for. I have one that I use in the office and would bring home every night to use there as well. Since the iPad arrived, I think the only time I used the MBP was to jail break my spare iPhone.

I'm curious if the USB Audio support will be a long term supported feature, or just an unintended consequence of driver support already existing in the device due to the chip-set and driver combo used for sound, so having the physical usb interface exposed just made it work? It seems like a really odd feature, one that we would all obviously love but none the less bizarre if they chose to support this as an official feature.

If it pans out and the Pico + DAC works, well count me in.

I have to admit that I am once again tempted to get a MBP.

I have to admit to thinking about a Macbook Air instead of an iPad for travel and such. It's only 3 pounds and the iPad is 1.5 without a keyboard/case/etc. The only people I know that have the damn things absolutely love them.

Stretch, don't be such a pussy ... Dinny needs the iPad AND a new mbp. What good is an iPad without a mbp to control remotely?

Sheesh ... I'm beginning to worry about the both of you for giving such weak advice to a trusted colleague.

Dinny - get your ass up to the Apple store tomorrow and don't leave there without an iPad and a 15" i7 mbp.

That changes after a couple hrs with it.

I doubt it, as useful as it may be given that I think my MB is just slightly too small a viewing surface already and my penchant for multitasking while I browse I have yet to find somewhere where the "bulk" of the MB is a problem. I'm not saying I don't get it, but I also get why some people don't want it.