Mac Mini as Music Server

VPI

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not order direct from Metric Halo?

anyone that buys one of these that also owns a TT should opt for the DSP software to run RIAA so the unit can pull phono pre duty

THe TRS jacks are not a big deal just solder on Nuetrik mono TRS jacks or send them to your favorite solder jockey

At the apple store playing with the new 27" iMac.

Fantastic machine. They let me hook up some Sony video camera via firewire and process some video in Final Cut Pro and the thing flew.

No Magic Meeses but I did get my loaded iMac.

Sorry to disappoint you guys but the iMac is a gift for my mom who I have finally convinced to move over from the dark side after her Dell desktop died in an electrical storm.

I already have a Mac Pro and an older iMac so I am not really in the market for anything but the mini for my music server and magic meeses for everything.

I just use the iMac for a computer in the guest bed room and it hardly gets used as the Mac Pro will handle all my desktop needs. It typically just plays movies for people staying there since I do not have cable/TV in that room.

I think mom will get a lot more use out of this than me.