Mac Mini as Music Server

VPI

It is looking very likely now that new ones will be announced tomorrow including one that comes preloaded with Mac Server.

There will also evidently be a multi-touch trackpad standalone device to be used with the desktops which I will definitely have to own if it comes to fruition.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will also evidently be a multi-touch trackpad standalone device to be used with the desktops which I will definitely have to own if it comes to fruition.
You know, off to the side as a separate device, I could even be tempted to WANT NAO.

And: Holy Shit! I just watched the Steve Jobs demo from the last MacBook (this one), and that's indeed pretty awesome.

It is looking very likely now that new ones will be announced tomorrow including one that comes preloaded with Mac Server.

large_homer.drool.jpg

Almost all programs benefit from moar memory, especially anything that's doing ...well anything other than "hello world" (of which iTunes definitely qualifies). But only up to 4G for 32 bit systems. So you'd want the 64-bit operating system as well.

It'll also run quieter and cooler.

Not to be confused with the memory limit of the motherboard, which is probably what is dictating the 4G number in the Mini specs.

It looks like the max will still remain 4 GB for the mini but it does look like it will have a 1 TB drive available.

I intended to use an outboard firewire 800 HD then I remembered that there is only one firewire output so I have to decide whether I use the slow onboard HD and firewire audio out or use a fast drive for storage and USB out.

I intended to use an outboard firewire 800 HD then I remembered that there is only one firewire output so I have to decide whether I use the slow onboard HD and firewire audio out or use a fast drive for storage and USB out.

I have to use firewire with the SS 302 so I use an external 2 TB drive for storage.