On 1/15/2021 at 8:52 PM, bhjazz said:

I called VPI and asked about my current noisy motor.  Claire tells me, well, the Prime has a 5 year warranty, so you're still covered.  However, you'll need to contact your dealer first.  If they are unable to help, please call us back.  So I called Stereo Unlimited in SD, but it's the owner's cell phone and had to leave a message.  Hopefully I'll talk to him at some point about how to coordinate an interstate warranty claim.  Fun.  

Talked to dealer today.  He says all he has to go by is a Prime warranty card which reads 3 years.  Will call VPI tomorrow. 

😐

EDIT: To tie this off, VPI says 3 years.  Oh well, I have more options opening up with SOTA now.  

Edited by bhjazz
  • Angry 1
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After many, many years with BAT/Avid/SME YG Acoustics systems this is what my wife and I have spent the last year building for listening to records through. VPI HR-X w/12.7 arm, and VPI ADS power supp

The horror, the horror. Basically this is the final Erno Borbely design. It is a current mode phono stage, where the cartridge looks into close to zero impedance. First stage with parallel J40/K170, a

Fired up the vinyl rig after two years - damn I forgot just how great vinyl can be Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted Images

Changed out my ZU DL-103 for the Benz Micro Ace SL that arrived today. Got the new cartridge aligned, tracking force set to 1.7g and VTA at 20 degrees.

Yeah, definitely an upgrade! Wow, really liking this cartridge!

Flat and neutral? No.

Fun and engaging? Hell yes!

20210119_170103.jpg

Edited by swt61
  • Like 10
  • 2 weeks later...

is that one of the active arm denons, like the Sony biotracers?  I've heard good things about those.

*edit nope, according to google.  Sorry for your loss.

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

My arm isn't active either, but I still seem to get great performance out of it.

Now if we're talking personally, my arm can be very active at times. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, swt61 said:

My arm isn't active either, but I still seem to get great performance out of it.

Now if we're talking personally, my arm can be very active at times. 

Any updates on the Benz? Still working well and sounding good?

Yes. I really like this cartridge. It's not unlike the Denon, just a bit better detail. Dynamics are better and I feel like the Soundstage is much improved. One of the other added benefits is the taller height of the cartridge body. No shim necessary. I'll keep the Zu/Denon, but honestly unless something happens to the Benz, the Denon won't see much use.

This thing is built like a tank as well. The entire motor structure is just so much beefier than the Denon.

79f5dfcbf1dfd72dab695f4975c8fc9c.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...