Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This room thing gets goofier and goofier, through no fault of Jim's, btw. I just booked four nights, June 3-6. After many machinations relating to what type of room was available at any rate each night, here is what I learned:

1. There are no king rooms available on the 3rd, period.

2. There are no double rooms unavailable on the 4th, period.

3. There are double and king rooms available on the 5th-7th.

So, I could not opt for king the whole time, and if I want to maximize the double room nights then I would have to change rooms twice. Based on all of this, I booked a double room the 3rd and then a king room the 4th-6th. Gene and I will just be that much closer those nights. :cool: The very nice booking lady, Mary, told me to check back in later to see if the reservations ease up and they might be able to get me in one type of room the whole time.

Bottom line: book something NOW if you may be going.

The hotel's system was being wonky earlier - was trying to get Thursday-Monday booked but the group rate didn't go through for those days. Shortened it to Friday-Monday, still no group rate. Friday-Sunday worked, then I expanded back to Friday-Monday which worked, then finally Thursday-Monday, finally went through. Clearly they have a computer glitch. ;)

Hotel's booked now in any event and I plan to be in & around Chicago for about 6 days starting Tuesday. :)

The hotel's system was being wonky earlier - was trying to get Thursday-Monday booked but the group rate didn't go through for those days. Shortened it to Friday-Monday, still no group rate. Friday-Sunday worked, then I expanded back to Friday-Monday which worked, then finally Thursday-Monday, finally went through. Clearly they have a computer glitch. ;)

Hotel's booked now in any event and I plan to be in & around Chicago for about 6 days starting Tuesday. :)

Woot! But now we know what happened to their system! :P

Probably what they were told, but not exactly the "whole" truth. Alissa was there today and took things up with the reservations manager. She was pretty appalled by Al's description of what he had to do to get a room. Hopefully, this fix sticks for more than 24 hours. :palm:

The whole double versus king issue is separate. Our block contains mostly king as most of the rooms in the hotel are kings. There is an option for a rollaway bed if you are stuck with a King room and need a double to help maintain your virginity.

Edited by morphsci

OK just a room update as the system seems to be at least temporarily in order. Our room block for the 4th and 5th is 125 rooms each night. We currently have 36 rooms booked the 4th and 35 the 5th. There are no (none, zilch) double rooms available on the 4th, only king rooms available. We had to guarantee 200 room/nights and right now we are at 100 and have not even started member registration yet, so I am a happy man and will celebrate with some GTS tonight! :dan:

OK just a room update as the system seems to be at least temporarily in order. Our room block for the 4th and 5th is 125 rooms each night. We currently have 36 rooms booked the 4th and 35 the 5th. There are no (none, zilch) double rooms available on the 4th, only king rooms available. We had to guarantee 200 room/nights and right now we are at 100 and have not even started member registration yet, so I am a happy man and will celebrate with some GTS tonight! :dan:

And don't forget all the vendors need rooms! :jbl:

Well, I called and the woman told me that it's because different types of rooms are available for that rate on different nights. Sometimes you get a double bed, and sometimes a single. What? Anyway, I'm booked for a king-bed room from Thurs., checking out Monday. Yay!

Noted and info sent off. You shouldn't have to call, this is the 21st century and boolean logic still works AFAIK.

There are no (none, zilch) double rooms available on the 4th, only king rooms available.

Well I just booked a double for 3rd-7th at the group rate with no problem.

Anyone staying those days or less wanna share it and split the cost of the room?