Canjam 2010.

Duggeh

Clearly you should. Thursday night is key for fun times, and allows for Friday daytime hanging and early listening during setup. Sunday is important for recovery and allowing for the full day meet day/raffles/etc. Wednesday could be important too in the event the Scotsman carries out his evil plan to start his visit that early. :cool:

I'll be there wednesday. I should get to the hotel about lunchtime.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim:

I talked with the hotel on the phone today. They wouldn't give me the group rate, as they are saying it is sold out on the 4th and the 5th. Was I too slow, or is this (another) screw-up? Let me know!

edit: I may have called corporate, so trying the hotel directly. Stand-by

Edited by luvdunhill

Jim:

I talked with the hotel on the phone today. They wouldn't give me the group rate, as they are saying it is sold out on the 4th and the 5th. Was I too slow, or is this (another) screw-up? Let me know!

edit: I may have called corporate, so trying the hotel directly. Stand-by

I checked the online link on HF< the group rate is still active. Make sure to say your with Head-Fi and it should be all good.

Well, here's the deal. If you add a night on the website, it won't give you the rate. Here's the link I used:

http://ohare.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservations/flow6/propSelectedHotelRates.jsp?xactionid=1264258065d&_requestid=130096

If you call Corporate, they won't do it either, they say everything is sold out (all days). The number I used is 1-800-492-8804.

However, if you call the hotel, they will give you the rate, but the caveated (is that a word?) that I might have to switch rooms after the first night. So, I have a double the first night, and a King the second two nights :palm:

Well, here's the deal. If you add a night on the website, it won't give you the rate. Here's the link I used:

http://ohare.hyatt.com/hyatt/reservations/flow6/propSelectedHotelRates.jsp?xactionid=1264258065d&_requestid=130096

If you call Corporate, they won't do it either, they say everything is sold out (all days). The number I used is 1-800-492-8804.

However, if you call the hotel, they will give you the rate, but the caveated (is that a word?) that I might have to switch rooms after the first night. So, I have a double the first night, and a King the second two nights :palm:

There seems to be some issues if you want a double room versus a King room. I'm not sure what it is so I will call and find out.

If you are reserving over the web, use our dedicated link: http://ohare.hyatt.com/groupbooking/chirohead2010

If you want to use the telephone, call the Hyatt Regency O'Hare directly at (847) 696-1234

I was planning to make another separate reservation for the 3rd-6th and then cancel my first reservation (4th-6th). I don't think there would be any problem with this, right?

That's the way I would do it. You will have separate confirmation numbers so it should not be an issue. If you are wanting a double room you may want to wait until I get some more information on that.

OK, the early and late dates is just another screw-up so that should be resolved shortly. I just got off the phone and I had our rep. check on the available rooms. Every night looks fine except for the 4th. The hotel says they only have about 100 rooms left for that night, so a heads up there for getting your reservations in earlier rather than later. The King bed issue is a little stickier as it is based upon their definition of a single occupancy room. Most of our reserved rooms are reserved as single occupancy and thus are kings.

If you have specific issues we can probably get them worked out with our rep so let me know. So Marc if you need me to get our rep to check on this for you you can PM or email me the specifics. Also, keep posting here if you have any issues as above so we can get them resolved as quickly as possible.

Thanks for the Heads up Jim. I booked my room for Thursday-Sun with no issues.

I just booked my flight. I'm good to go.

Excellent.

I'm good, but changing rooms is a PITA, but I can deal with that.

I wasn't upset or anything, just wanted to let you know that it wasn't working :)

Yep. I want to know as it seems to be a somewhat recurring issue.

If you are reserving over the web, use our dedicated link: http://ohare.hyatt.com/groupbooking/chirohead2010

Just tried to book a room for Thur. 3rd - Sun. 6th with the link and it won't give me the rate. I guess this is because this page lists the rate as being valid for 4th-6th. Do I need to call to get the rate for the 3rd or has someone been able to get this rate over the web?