Audeze LCD-2

swt61

^Which tubes on EHHA?

Some tubes sound a bit slow & mushy with LCD-2, but the telefunkens seem to have just the right balance for me.

Never heard a β22 though.

It's Amperex but I didn't ask the owner specifically what model it is but it's the one that comes with the Glass Jar kit. Yeah, I mentioned to him that changing the tubes should be a top priority to improve its sound.

They are definitely good, but they did not do enough to entice me away from my K1000.

I think the LCD-2 is a fantastic headphone. It gets my top recommendation as a circumaural headphone. But, like yourself, no other headphone can do what the K1000 can, in terms of a somewhat speakerlike presentation. And I love the option of adding a subwoofer for tactile bass.

I would love to hear the LCD-2 on my β22 some day.

Time for you to return those speakers if you think the LCD-2 are better. I think you are nuts but what else is new. :)

says the wanker without a buzz and without the LCD 2s:dan:

just for reference the GGD cds have no dynamic range and the Zus spit out shite whereas the LCDs spit out shit on a silver platter

Edited by jp11801

says the wanker without a buzz and without the LCD 2s:dan:

just for reference the GGD cds have no dynamic range and the Zus spit out shite whereas the LCDs spit out shit on a silver platter

Can I have a taste?

"...even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."

Also, as for the K1000, finally mine arrived, albeit the high serial number version. I will listen tomorrow. By the way, the seller included 8 of the temple pad pillows, so I have, what, two spare sets now over the as-new ones already on it.

I'm waiting for LCD2 FOTM to wane to snatch a pair...

Dang the LCDs are sweet, while I love my speaker rig they constantly compete for time with the Zu and Alons

I could listen all day except for the fatigue at the crown of my head from the head band

Some people have reported lessening their LCD-2-induced head fatigue by switching to lighter cables. Others have accomplished the same by faking a neck injury to get one of those plastic neck braces.

Some people have reported lessening their LCD-2-induced head fatigue by switching to lighter cables. Others have accomplished the same by faking a neck injury to get one of those plastic neck braces.

Wes thanks I've got the silver dragon which is far lighter and netter but still the top of my head gets fatigued over time. It's not a really big deal as it is a good indicator that I need to get out of the house and do something

Statements like this really peak my interest. Does the GS-X have enough grunt?

I'd be shocked if they didn't work beautifully with the GS-X. To my ears, even the Pico DAC/Amp almost has enough grunt. It does lose a little bit of impact when compared to your old Beta22. But the difference is surprisingly small.