Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Ah...after rereading the post a couple of times, I think oqvist meant that he would cut off the jack at the end of his stock cable and wire it to his speaker amp. I was thinking that he meant he was going to take it apart to find out what was inside.

FYI though, it's the Canare 4S6 Canare Corp.: Speaker Cable-Star Quad: speaker Cable - star quad(4S6)

Yes that was what I meant. English is not my primary language.

Hmm, seems like differing opinions all over the place. I guess I'm still a little curious.

Then do the TP trade, and if you don't like the HE-6 you'll make money selling off the HE-6. I've posted my HE-6 impressions on the other forum, and they're one of my favorite headphones. Their clarity, detail and transparency is amazing, and I love how they sound good at low listening volumes where with other phones I feel the need to turn up the volume to hear deeper into the music. I personally have no problem with their soundstage or imaging.

I am really liking my LCD2s, these are my favorite full size headphones.

Might be placebo but I swear the Moon Audio cable opens them up a bit. I am pairing them at the moment with a Melos SHA Gold Ref that was brought back to life by Ari (thanks!)

While not the quietest amp around it is a great match for the LCD2s providing gobs of power, slam and air. For those with a Melos Sha variant have you checked out this pairing?

Oddly enough, one of the best amps for the Chocolate Donuts was the little Parasound Zamp. I ran it from the speaker taps of coarse, but it had great authority and slam. I wonder how it would pair with the LCD-2? They can be had used for quite cheap.

Picked up my LCD2 earlier today, the cables are fine for me(comfort wise), the headphones themselves are heavy though.

Running them through the Neko>Glite, I feel like they might benefit from a 'stronger' amp, when listening to Irma Thomas and Marvin Gaye, I had to put up the volume at almost 1 o'clock. Currently listening to Cesaria Evora(Miss Perfumado), 12 o'clock seems to work well, however it still feels a bit loud. Other than that, the soundstage and details are great. I was using some D5000 before this, so I'm hearing quite a few details with a nice bass that I was not able to hear previously.

I'm getting my mother make a little leather wrap thing for the headband, I don't think this foam will last very long, especially in a hot climate.

• 3 weeks later...

I just got my LCD-2s a couple of days ago and they are astoundingly good. I'm seriously considering selling all of my gear because of these things. On my poor man's setup (uDac>GLite(w/DPS) I can tell they would benefit from a good source and a bit better amp. Still it's not a bad setup at all for low-budget. I think I'm going to upgrade to a y2 or parasound pretty soon though.

Oh HDen how did your leather headband cover turn out?

• 3 weeks later...