Audeze LCD-2

swt61

Have you heard the HE6? Its much faster sounding with a kick ass bass that n estat would have a hard time pulling off, I think.

Yep, and the new proto, and I own a normal HE-5. Preferred the signature to the LCD2, but still gimme my Stax!

Edited by cetoole

Hey Guys, At the other place i've noticed that the number of LCD-2's coming up for sale is gradually increasing. Also people dont seem to be hanging onto the Audeze for very long, perhaps just a month or two. According to 6Moons these are the holy grail of headphones with the ALO audio cables :unsure:

I have personally never heard a pair and dont know anyone who has, so cant comment or had a chance to borrow or evaluate. Having tried most of the high end dynamics on the market over the years (AKG 701/1000, Sony R10, AT, Beyer, Sen 650/800 et alt) I always gravitate back to my beloved Stax 007, they just sound so right to me. A recent forray with a pair of Sennheiser HD800 have convinced me even more of this, even though they have a wider (if not natural) headstage.

I would be interested in your comments why people seem to move the Audeze on quite quickly. Is it that people just want to give it a try, or are there other reasons like comfort, weight or tonal balance?

As all new good headphones they were over-hyped, so everyone jumped on the band wagon and since these are nice but have their own flavor folks who don't like them sell them. The usual story. There are a lot of SR-007s and HE-6s for sale as well, does not entail there is anything wrong with how they sound.

Edited by faust3d

Hey Guys, At the other place i've noticed that the number of LCD-2's coming up for sale is gradually increasing. Also people dont seem to be hanging onto the Audeze for very long, perhaps just a month or two. According to 6Moons these are the holy grail of headphones with the ALO audio cables :unsure:

I have personally never heard a pair and dont know anyone who has, so cant comment or had a chance to borrow or evaluate. Having tried most of the high end dynamics on the market over the years (AKG 701/1000, Sony R10, AT, Beyer, Sen 650/800 et alt) I always gravitate back to my beloved Stax 007, they just sound so right to me. A recent forray with a pair of Sennheiser HD800 have convinced me even more of this, even though they have a wider (if not natural) headstage.

I would be interested in your comments why people seem to move the Audeze on quite quickly. Is it that people just want to give it a try, or are there other reasons like comfort, weight or tonal balance?

Consider the fact that he sources of information you refer to in your post are responsible for the dissemination of a significant amount of idiocy.

Probably so Dinny, but honestly there are probably some things you're going to miss about the OII. As good as the LCD-2 is, it just can't match the stats in certain areas. However, for a headphone that can be driven by a multitude of dynamic amps (headphone as well as speaker), it's definitely something I could be very happy with. I've actually discovered that I seem to listen more now that I have just one headphone. I think it frees me up from overthinking which phone is gonna be best with a given genre of music.