What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

Okay, now I'm listening to No More Shall We Part.  This is sublime.  It seems they alternate between albums like Goldfrapp do -- this is in the same vein as Push the Sky Away.  IMHO.

Side note:  yes, I am the musical equivalent of a schizophrenic -- I'm not even finished listening to one album before the whimsical desire to listen to another crops up.  I can't listen to albums fast enough.  This may be why my preferred listening venue is the car -- captive audience, don't want to be distracted from driving, so I feel obliged to let <whatever> play.  Too bad no headphones.  And road noise.

I even named my (failed) music blog, "by the time you read this, I'm listening to something else".

• Like 1

Tough for me to choose between No More Shall We Part and The Boatman's Call. "Love Letter", "God Is in The House" and "Gates To The Garden" versus "Into My Arms", "People Ain't No Good" and "(Are You) The One That I've Been Waiting For?". NMSWP is stronger overall but there's no bad answer. 

aBa2bNU.jpg

The Yardbirds - Roger the Engineer (40th anniversary edition blah blah).  For Your Love might be the song everyone knows, but I maintain that Over Under Sideways Down is the real gem here.  It's the most jangly proto-punk rock thing ever.  Also, I got to know Heart Full of Soul first via the Chris Isaak cover.  Chris did a faithful rendition and made it his own song, but having heard the original it's pretty clear to me which version is the better one.  Jeff Beck was pretty much the coolest thing ever when this album came out.

The Neighbourhood -- I've been listening to a lot of Archive lately, and they've been reminding me of someone, couldn't put my finger on until just now -- and it's not just how close the songs "Fuck U" and "Afraid" are -- I just really dig this sound -- British, alternative, slightly trip-hoppity.  Both are recommended.  Archive are more ... I don't know, addicitve? ... to me, but The Neighbourhood are probably more accessible.

This was a discovery at AXPONA... we inadvertently followed some editorial writer to multiple rooms and he got them to play the same cd. Provided a little perspective which was nice, and the album sounded damn good.

Sinne Eeg Face the Music

140521.jpg

This was a discovery at AXPONA... we inadvertently followed some editorial writer to multiple rooms and he got them to play the same cd. Provided a little perspective which was nice, and the album sounded damn good.

Sinne Eeg Face the Music

140521.jpg

Pretty sure I have this somewhere, will need to search for it and listen again.  I generally like to try out many female vox I see.....

EDIT: looked her up, I remember now.  Was pretty good stuff, reminded me of a nice mix between the sultriness of Diana Krall and the liveliness and fun of Jane Monheit.

Edited by skullguise

Sinne Eeg Face the Music

140521.jpg

Looks interesting, found several of her albums at Tidal  :dance:

Now I'm listening to Oscar Peterson - Girl Talk (Exclusively for my Friends, Vol2)

81NOxoQiC0L._SL1417_.jpg