August 12, 201115 yr comment_463746 Ike Quebec - Blue & Sentimental How is it? Been itching for since hearing some samples. Doing a little comparison between the 24/96 DAD and Music Matter 45rpm... Report
August 12, 201115 yr comment_463749 It was very good. Sax tone reminded me of Coleman Hawkins for some reason. Definitely going to listen again this weekend and take it all in. Report
August 12, 201115 yr Author comment_463772 Jack McDuff and Gene Ammons -- Brother Jack Meets The Boss Report
August 12, 201115 yr comment_463785 What do people think of Kanye West My Dark Twisted Fantasy now that it has been out for a while? I listened to it again last night and I still don't understand the hype this album gets. There are some great songs, but to merit the high reviews pretty much all the album should be flawless. Report
August 12, 201115 yr comment_463788 I only made it through a couple times. I did kinda dig the West/Jay-Z/Spike Jonze Otis vid earlier today. 'I write my curses in cursive..." Now... One From the Heart. Edited August 12, 201115 yr by blessingx Report
August 12, 201115 yr Author comment_463800 Gloria Coleman Quartet featuring Pola Roberts -- Soul Sisters It might have been worthwhile to feature Grant Green too, but what the hell. I guess he ain't no soul sister. Report
August 12, 201115 yr comment_463802 What do people think of Kanye West My Dark Twisted Fantasy now that it has been out for a while? I listened to it again last night and I still don't understand the hype this album gets. There are some great songs, but to merit the high reviews pretty much all the album should be flawless. It's not my type of music. I disliked the feeling of it being a constant copy of old well known tunes. I don't understand the hype, yet less the morons at Pitchfork giving it a 10. Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_463900 What do people think of Kanye West My Dark Twisted Fantasy now that it has been out for a while? I listened to it again last night and I still don't understand the hype this album gets. There are some great songs, but to merit the high reviews pretty much all the album should be flawless. It's not my type of music. I disliked the feeling of it being a constant copy of old well known tunes. I don't understand the hype, yet less the morons at Pitchfork giving it a 10. I am surprised you even gave it a chance and listened to this crap a few times. I formed an opinion in about 10 minutes after sampling a few tracks. Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_463901 Well, times change and one needs to learn to adjust to new things, or at least trying. Usually I don't bother with much of the contemporary "pop"--in its widest sense--music, but I needed to try with this disc just for it being raved by so many people. Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_463906 Not sure if you guys are anti hip hop or just the Kanye album? If it is the latter then I agree with you. For the former I do think there is some really great hip hop out there (though a lot of it will never see radio play or even get reviewed by big pubs), but I admittedly listen to less of it these days because it is a chore sifting through the crap . Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_463907 I'm not anti-anything, just I can't get into some genres. Hip-hop is one of them. I guess having to pay extra effort to understand the rhymes and discovering they're mostly about nonsense doesn't help much. I guess there must be good examples worth listening and learning to love, but for me KW isn't one of them. Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_463908 I'll listen to anything as long as it is interesting to me, don't care what the genre is. Stuff like Prince Charming, Dälek, DJ Cam and Prefuse 73 I can dig, but I can't get at all into any of the overly commercial "fast cars, chicks and money flying around" stuff. Well I do like Kool Keith Edited August 13, 201115 yr by faust3d Report
August 13, 201115 yr comment_463918 Foo Fighters - Wasting Light (2x45) if you like live rock and roll these guys are SLAYING live right now. hangout fest was amazing. of course they were also slaying when i saw them open for RHCP in 1997. Edited August 13, 201115 yr by postjack Report
August 14, 201115 yr comment_464025 Hal Willner - Rogue's Gallery: Pirate Ballads, Sea Songs, and Chanteys Report
August 15, 201115 yr comment_464101 nice upgrade from the OJC cd. Listening on LCD-2 now and it is rather fine... Report
August 15, 201115 yr comment_464195 Stephen Malkmus And The Jicks, 'Mirror Traffic' (produced by Beck) streamed over at NPR Music. Anyone else having issue with the new forums formatted text entry? Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.