What are you listening to Part the Third

Voltron

What do people think of Kanye West My Dark Twisted Fantasy now that it has been out for a while? I listened to it again last night and I still don't understand the hype this album gets. There are some great songs, but to merit the high reviews pretty much all the album should be flawless.

What do people think of Kanye West My Dark Twisted Fantasy now that it has been out for a while? I listened to it again last night and I still don't understand the hype this album gets. There are some great songs, but to merit the high reviews pretty much all the album should be flawless.

It's not my type of music. I disliked the feeling of it being a constant copy of old well known tunes. I don't understand the hype, yet less the morons at Pitchfork giving it a 10.

It's not my type of music. I disliked the feeling of it being a constant copy of old well known tunes. I don't understand the hype, yet less the morons at Pitchfork giving it a 10.

I am surprised you even gave it a chance and listened to this crap a few times. I formed an opinion in about 10 minutes after sampling a few tracks.

Not sure if you guys are anti hip hop or just the Kanye album? If it is the latter then I agree with you. For the former I do think there is some really great hip hop out there (though a lot of it will never see radio play or even get reviewed by big pubs), but I admittedly listen to less of it these days because it is a chore sifting through the crap .

I'm not anti-anything, just I can't get into some genres. Hip-hop is one of them. I guess having to pay extra effort to understand the rhymes and discovering they're mostly about nonsense doesn't help much. I guess there must be good examples worth listening and learning to love, but for me KW isn't one of them.

I'll listen to anything as long as it is interesting to me, don't care what the genre is. Stuff like Prince Charming, Dälek, DJ Cam and Prefuse 73 I can dig, but I can't get at all into any of the overly commercial "fast cars, chicks and money flying around" stuff. Well I do like Kool Keith 000-dancing.gif

Edited by faust3d