August 16, 201115 yr comment_464309 ^ You'd get an extra "oo" in the UK Influential Synth Pop, and Alf can sing. True story: My sister once met Alison Moyet when shopping at the Tesco's in Basildon. Edited August 16, 201115 yr by Grahame Report
August 16, 201115 yr comment_464320 Interesting! Currently listening to their hit "Situation". Good stuff. Report
August 16, 201115 yr comment_464408 I have the Linn version of that record - will have to look it up when I get home: Current Listen: Dave Brubeck & Gerry Mulligan - Jazz Jamboree '70 Report
August 17, 201115 yr comment_464534 ...my new discovery. Edited August 17, 201115 yr by johnwmclean Report
August 17, 201115 yr Author comment_464543 ^Approve. I thought of you when I chose it. Still sorry about the Remember the Maines last night. :/ Report
August 17, 201115 yr comment_464569 Testing day - Need Dolby Thomas Dolby - 1995 - Retrospectacle Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_464702 Morricone is good shit. Me: Android Lust, Devour, Rise, and Take Flight -- trying to figure out what my favorite Android Lust track is, starting here. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_464723 it isn't as good as the unreleased DCC, if you're wondering. it's close, but is hotter, and appears to have had noise reduction applied more aggressively. still way better than the standard release, and better than the 40th ann. release. There isn't any noise reduction on the AF gold disc. I agree it's not that great sounding though. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_464728 the master tape might well have degraded in the time between the DCC and the AF. the AF Morrison Hotel, which i'm listening now, definitely doesn't seem to have been NR compared to the W. German Target. The AF may not have been from the master tape. I don't think AF has always got original masters unlike DCC (or DCC's claims to). But SH said he never used any DSP or digital manipulation on Soft Parade or Morrison Hotel. All EQ was done in analog, then transferred to digital by Pacific Microsonics. Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_464732 I am wondering why they didn't just release the DCC mastering. Since SH does have a CDR copy (he auctioned one off). Maybe some of the magic bunnies would have escaped if the CDR was ripped then made as a glass master? Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_464887 Halou, Halou, their last album from a couple years ago, before they became Stripmall Architecture (I think the drummer split amicably, as I think he was at the Wiser show earlier this year) -- this is getting a limited CD release via Kickstarter -- in! Report
August 18, 201115 yr comment_464907 And while I'm at BandCamp -- MissSmiles4U's collection of demos. She's a wanker of the highest caliber. Report
August 19, 201115 yr comment_465180 Emerson Lake And Palmer- Welcome Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends......Free-Fire And Water Deluxe Edition Report
August 20, 201115 yr comment_465254 The Avett Brothers. I and Love and You. I really like this album. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.