August 31, 201214 yr comment_532822 It's kind of the ultimate shaggy dog story ... Why has the font gone weird on my dislpay? Thw world is confuzing! Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_532823 James Taylor Live at Carnegie Hall May 26, 1974 at Wolfgang's Vault. It's not free anymore, but you have 15 days trial. Great concert btw Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_532844 Swans have a new album? Fucking hell! Me: been listening to Synthetica non-stop in the car, gonna try to see them next month, I think this might be my favourite album of theirs since Old World Underground, Where Are You Now. But I'll be listening to the new Swans as soon as I can find it. Wait, what? They reformed? Fucking hell! Report
September 1, 201214 yr comment_532904 I don't know, man, I don't really dig the more scat based improvisational stuff like most of "The Seer" -- despite my reputation, I really don't listen to "weird for the sake of weird" -- but I really like other portions, like "The Avatar". That said, I really like it when they get all tantric on the longer songs, like "Apostate". Report
September 1, 201214 yr comment_532925 I’m a Swans newbie void any preconceptions from their past music history, “The Seer” is my first exposure, as a free standing album I enjoyed it’s creativity, I now look forward to delving into their previous albums. Report
September 1, 201214 yr comment_532968 I’m a Swans newbie void any preconceptions from their past music history, “The Seer” is my first exposure, as a free standing album I enjoyed it’s creativity, I now look forward to delving into their previous albums.Oh holy shit, are you in for a ride. I'd recommend working your way backwards in time, I.E.: My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky Soundtracks for the Blind The Great Annihilator Love of Life White Light from the Mouth of Infinity etc. They...uh...they're kind of all over the place. From neo-folk to psychedelia to experimental to drone...there were even flashes of the style that would be Angels of Light -- probably my favorite descriptor of a musical genre ever, "Death Folk". Yeah, don't get me wrong, I will still listen to their entire album, as I believe in at least trying to hear it as the artists intended (unlike King Crimson, which I will edit out their improvisational stuff that I don't like), and I believe it yields an entirely different listening experience than listening to it edited. Report
September 1, 201214 yr comment_532997 Thanks Dusty, this is huge, I don’t know how I’ve missed this huge chuck of music. Working my way down your list now, enjoying. “Death Folk” works for me too. Edited September 1, 201214 yr by johnwmclean Report
September 2, 201214 yr comment_533053 103.7 "The River" out of Richmond on the recommendation of my ex. Report
September 2, 201214 yr comment_533058 kenny drew - undercurrent Edited September 2, 201214 yr by aardvark baguette Report
September 2, 201214 yr comment_533098 Sonny Landreth From the Reach, great guitar player and songwriter Report
September 3, 201214 yr comment_533241 We saw Sonny Landreth in a very tiny venue just down the street from us here. Nice concert, really good music. The only dissappointment was that there were strong rumors swirling that his buddy Eric Clapton, who was in town for The Slow Hand tour, would make a surprise visit. Didn't happen, but still a nice concert! Report
September 4, 201214 yr Author comment_533442 Cat Power -- Sun Two Gallants -- The Bloom and the Blight Report
September 8, 201214 yr comment_534060 ^ One of his best, probably his third best overall. Me: Karcius -- discovered this in the latest (American -- we're usually one behind Britain) issue of Classic Rock Presents Prog. EDIT: scratch that, now listening to The new Pineapple Thief (discovered while looking around for a tracklist for the compilation CD that came with that issue of Classic Rock Presents Prog magazine for the name of that Karcius track). Report
September 8, 201214 yr comment_534181 Gidon Kremer / Kremerata Baltica - Eight Seasons [Vivaldi's 4 Seasons + Piazzola's 4 Buenos Aires Seasons] Report
September 9, 201214 yr comment_534291 Cannonball Adderley - Know What I Mean? Great way to start a sunday morning Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.