August 25, 201214 yr comment_531846 Going thru the first CD of this: Amazing. This 1942 recording in CD1, despite the technical limitations and all, is absolutely incredible. Report
August 26, 201214 yr comment_532005 That Uchida can play. Yeah, she's great. The Decemberists - Love Live the King Report
August 28, 201214 yr comment_532407 Bad Salad, Uncivilized -- rawk! Prog metal. Quite possibly album of the year for me. Clean singing (mostly). Long instrumental sections (not all of which are guitar solos). Medigs. Report
August 29, 201214 yr comment_532477 Soap & Skin - Narrow Edited August 29, 201214 yr by johnwmclean Report
August 30, 201214 yr comment_532624 Testing a Woo6SE for a friend... And Duende, my official testing track Report
August 30, 201214 yr comment_532651 Jazz At Lincoln Center - They Came To Swing Ok, so I first have to fess up that I "music-stalk" Haj's posts, as his tastes align quite abit with mine. So, I've had this recording on my "to-buy" list for a while now. It's easily available online, but never popped up at any of my local brick-&-mortar stores. Yesterday, while perusing the music section (CD's, vinyl, tapes) of one of the nearby Goodwill's, I came across a cassette tape of this & thought I'd pick it up for 50 cents. Currently listening at my work desk out of my old Panasonic Shockwave RQ-SW10 walkman & cheap Sony earbuds. Dunno if it's just this particular recording, but I don't remember tapes sounding this good. Thanks Haj! Report
August 30, 201214 yr Author comment_532657 Heh, I music stalked McLean and checked out Soap & Skin the other day. Pretty good stuff. Right now: Divine Fits Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_532788 Heh, I music stalked McLean and checked out Soap & Skin the other day. Pretty good stuff. Love to stalk myself... Swans - The Seer Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_532793 Mazzy Star -- She Hangs Brightly Rainy day, drinking champagne. It works. Report
August 31, 201214 yr comment_532803 The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs Edited August 31, 201214 yr by johnwmclean Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.