And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Agreed, hell yeah!

Larry, having lived through hail storms and the resulting damange I can empathize.  Prep for trouble and painful insurance negotitations for both the car and the house.  Make sure that the adjuster is specifically well-versed in hail damage.  When a big storm hit our area many companies called in specialized adjusters who deal with disaster response. We had about $15k worth of damage to the house and our car was totaled.  It was a huge pain in the ass and took months to get everything fixed because everyone else was in the same boat.  We ended up with undocumented water damage becaues of a roof leak that went undetected.  I still haven't bothered to get it fixed and it's an annoyance....

This.  None of that sounds fun.

Thanks. I have a roofer coming to look at it tomorrow or Saturday. We just had the roof replaced after hail in 2012, so fingers crossed. We'll maybe use the previous roofer for the second opinion this time, because they refused to repaint the new flashing and left it shiny and weird. They didn't do a terrible job, but I'm trying the guy that my Metlife agent recommended first.

I recently gave Facebook another try. I wanted to be able to keep in touch with friends and relatives I don't see often. I'm thinking I was right to hate Facebook after all.

A Cousin of mine posted some trash about gays being an abomination to God. Gotta love having Redneck relatives! I felt it my duty to post another viewpoint, but I was tactful, reasonable and polite. She posted "Why are you shitting on my post?" I posted "Why are you shitting on my life?" Her..."WTF are you talking about?" Me..."I'm gay! It's no secret!!!" "You post the voice of hatred, and I'll post the voice of reason. Say hello to your Mom for me."

Fucking uneducated bigots!

That's too bad. My older brother has been in a same sex relationship in Texas for longer than my 22 year old marriage, and my family are all understanding or supportive.

• Like 1

I don't even know her that well, but it bothers me more than if it was a stranger, not sure why?

Dan, I know you're right. Things are changing at a faster pace than I ever imagined. It's my job to see it through, and make it better for the next generation, and I'm happy to do that. 

Dude, you can't pick your relatives. But you can pick whether or not you're associated with them on Facebook. I have unfriended (well, unfollowed) a couple of relatives, myself. (But in my case, it's for discussing sports too much -- and yes, I've unfollowed a couple of head-cases for the same reason.)

My ex is surprisingly religious. I feel bad if I've driven her in that direction in any way at all.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Well, since my replies to her post, two other Cousins and numerous people I don't know have posted pretty hard criticism about her attitude toward gays. Both of these Cousins I know well, and have spent a lot of time with since living in Texas. They both defended me, not only as a gay person, but as a person in general, and both were pretty harsh toward her prejudice. This makes me feel really good, especially since one of the Cousins is male and very religious himself. I'm proud of his stance! 

• Like 10

Point awarded to Steve.

Facebook makes me stupid sometimes, and I often pick fights with people I should just un-follow instead.  A family member or close friend spewing ignorance/hate is most definitely worth fighting though.  It's awesome that others in your family have your back.

I will always respond to homophobic diatribe, whether online or in person. But I always try to be calm and non-threatening. Otherwise it's just more fuel for the fire. Sometimes it's hard to stay level headed, but it's essential to get people to stop and listen. Even I have been turned off by militant gays spewing reverse hate.

• Like 5

Your measured response is the best response.  Some people will always be members of the church of of idiots and there is not much you can do to change that.  Boy are they in for a surprise when judgement day comes.   :laugh:  

Between yesterday mid afternoon and about 11:30 today we had three of Peter's friends over for an overnight backyard camping extravaganza. I now have a much better appreciation for the destructive power of a thermonuclear device.

• Like 4