And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I changed the chainrings on my bikes to 50/34 to see if I like that better and can keep it spinning. I had thought I'd prefer a lower gearing (52/36) before but who knows how I'll feel this time, really all it does is shift the low one gear higher and the high one grear lower so the middle of the cassette should feel about the same.

Then we had Ben's 1st Birthday Party which was an awesome time. He ate 2 whole cupcakes in as messy a way as possible which was lots of fun :)

Edited by Dreadhead

went to Emily's brother's wedding. maaaaan, that was some crazy religious stuff. making braised pork with vinegared cabbage, now.

Congrat to Andy and Michelle! They seem made for one another.

So, not a lot of upside down margaritas at the wedding? smile.png

Happy Birthday Ben!

Edited by shellylh

Holyshit great show. Not as great as his last tour, but wonderful nonetheless!

Part 1 of the show was a warm-up (casual, with "house lights" on), part 2 was free-form with the full band (including Manu Katché!), and part 3 was the entire So album from start to finish. Both me and my friend thought that "Front to Back" (the name of the tour) meant that he was going to do the album backwards, starting with In Your Eyes and ending with Red Rain, but alas and alack, 'twas not to be.

My friend and I both thought that although it might have been confusing to the average concert goer, running the album backwards (by track) would have resulted in a better Shape of Show--but that's definitely in the First World Problems column.

But I have to say I've learned something important on Head-Case, which is that first world problems are still problems. :)

It was nice to see John Cusack come out with a boombox to introduce In Your Eyes, even if he wasn't entirely into it.

I look forward to buying the official bootleg! (What has the world come to...)

I started out yesterday, but it is tomorrow here so I am not sure i can post in this thread. :P i flew to Seoul, missed the Giants loss in the first NLDS game, got an amazing suite at the Park Hyatt, haven't met ScarJo yet, but it is just about Hibiki Time!

Here's my favorite drawer so far:

post-95-13496025053303_thumb.jpg

Edited by Voltron

I wondered where you'd been hiding. Glad you're feeling better.

Gangnam Update: The outdoor K-Pop concert the hotel warned about has just started and I feel like I am there. It's very close and very loud. I can't go to sleep for a few hours anyway, so no biggie. I wonder if Psy will make an appearance?

I was wondering if you were there last night. Guess you're not going to make the game tonight either.

I never had any drawers like that in Korea.

I started out yesterday, but it is tomorrow here so I am not sure i can post in this thread. :P i flew to Seoul, missed the Giants loss in the first NLDS game, got an amazing suite at the Park Hyatt, haven't met ScarJo yet, but it is just about Hibiki Time!

Here's my favorite drawer so far:

post-95-13496025053303_thumb.jpg

Also, if Psy made an appearance, I wouldn't care too much if he was only going to do Gangnam Style. If he did Right Now I would definitely be interested though.
I don't know, I wouldn't mind hearing him do that Korea cheer song he did for the 2012 olympics, "Korea", or whatever it's called.

Envying Al right now. I kind of really dig Psy.

The outdoor K-Pop concert the hotel warned about has just started and I feel like I am there.

Go, Al! Stay lit, my brother. K-pop is good, but I turn into a little girl with Jpop. Melty pink happiness!

Currently listening to John Kessler from KPLU in Seattle...the All Bues show. Consistently the best blues show on the FM dial. And yes, I'm drinking. After a weekend like that, I need to forget shit. Again.