And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Good luck with Stanford or where ever else your daughter decides to go. You guys will be in for a couple of very stressful months so hang in there.

Shelly, you be tough and your homies support you. Speedy recovery.

Edited by Augsburger

Oh man, really sorry. You must have incredible shoulders. I'd be bummed if I couldn't bench press (my strongest lift). Hopefully you'll find a replacement. sad.png

Yeah, it makes me sad but I do like bench press a lot so hopefully I can get back to that soon. At this point, I have had some sort of major/minor injury for so long I would just like to get back to being whole.

Edited by shellylh

Glad you don't have to have another surgery, Shelly!

I hit up my surgeon's PA on Tuesday. The crazy shooting pains I've had lately have lessened, but still show up some. I got the shot in the back and we're going to set up another MRI They're thinking bone spur or fragment of the disc dislodged and was pressing on a nerve in my back. It's pretty frustrating. I did get to go out with a mtn bike ride with a friend from school on Wednesday. I was able to make it a solid 80% of the ride before my back gave out, so that's pretty good, right?

Post-ride chicken nachos and 2-for-1 margaritas made it either feel better, or make me forget. Either way, good times.

Hang in there, Shelly... and start bike shopping.

**BRENT**

Running out of solder... that is next to impossible. :)

For me it was a slow day with mostly running errands and trying to figure out why my friends brand new Dynaudio active speakers shock me through the RCA's when they are turned off. Then there was this nice piece of wood I managed to cram underneath my fingernail and dragged out by myself...

XdqPfh.jpg

Took about 30 minutes as none of my pliers could get a grip on it. Pure joy but I'm a viking so... laugh.png

I see that vikings have natural resistance to Chinese torture. I only have had got dried spaghetti under my fingernails when I was washing a pot. Was more of a startle than a real pain.

And yeah, running out of solder is like Earth running out of sand! I tried using pure lead as I have plenty of that but it isn't eutectic. It doesn't flow at all and gets all creamy when it cools down.

Edited by RudeWolf

Wow, even Viking splinters are big and nasty!

Weird day today. Went to a soccer tournament held in CU with some of the games on UIUC fields. First game at 8:00 am, so get up around 5:30 and leave the house around 6:15. First game goes fine. Next game scheduled for 1:20. Run errands and have lunch. Starts raining at lunch. First game delayed until 2:00. Game set to start and ref refuses to allow the game because there is a puddle in front of one of the goals. Coaches parlee with ref and suggest that they move one goal forward about 10 yards and the other back 10 yards, moving the puddle back. Nope, campus rec says the goals cannot be moved but they will send someone out. Now, if you have ever tried to get anything done within a University bureaucracy, you can predict what happened. Two guys come out in their golf cart, survey and ponder the situation, attempt to squeegee off the water, get back in their cart, make a quick phone call and leave. Come back in about 5 minutes with a bigger squeegee. Another phone call, two more guys show up (one who used to play with ZZ Top). They all get out and survey the situation, another phone call. A supervisor arrives, they move one goal forward 10 yards, the other back 10 yards. The game finally starts at 4:00 pm. But that's not the weird part.

So we get back into Charleston at about 6:15 pm and find that the street leading into our neighborhood is blocked. So we go around and approach from the opposite direction but it is blocked from that direction also. Find out that it is being blocked by the Charleston police, Coles County Sheriff SWAT Team and the State Police because some douchebag has barricaded himself inside of his house. So we drive around to the opposite side of the ravine that partially surrounds our neighborhood. Park the car at the end of that street, climb down the ravine, climb back up the opposite side of the ravine through our neighbors back yard and finally arrive back home at about 7:30 pm.

I think I am going to write a novel.

Edited by morphsci